‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to get the set to start the series!, 10 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Jo Nesbo Gift Set (Paperback)
I bought this for my Mother who was wanting to start the Jo Nesbo books for quite some time. A great price for the 5 books, especially as the set is much cheaper than buying individually, and it looks like a very generous gift. Mother thrilled with the present, a recommended read too.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will enjoy it, 26 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Jo Nesbo Gift Set (Paperback)
So far I only read 1st and half of 2nd book but I definitely recommend it.It's says on the book cover"The next Stieg Larsson" and I think it's very true.You simply just can't stop reading.There is crime,action,good story and element of surprise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Crime thrilers with a twist, 30 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Jo Nesbo Gift Set (Paperback)
I have read The Leopard and decided to buy rest of the set and have not been disappointed. If you like John Grisham, Harlan Coben or Stieg Larson. These books will keep you in good company. The style of writing is not as detailed throughout as the girl with series but that makes great reading and has a bit more excitement to the series due to more emphasis on characters rather than the number of them and for price an absolute bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 20 Feb. 2012
D. Brill "Dave" (East Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jo Nesbo Gift Set (Paperback)
The 5 book set by Jo Nesbo was an Amazon recommendation for me. Had never heard of Jo Nesbo but the description of the books and the fantastic set price ( £9.99 inc postage)made it worth a go.

The stories are excellent; the style of writing is absorbing and quite different; the translation to English is superb.

This is easily the best book buy I have made in a long long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars unputdownable, 1 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Jo Nesbo Gift Set (Paperback)
I enjoyed the Stig Larsson trilogy and was looking for something similar. This set (at an extremely reasonable price) was bought entirely on the recommendations on amazon. I was not disappointed. An excellent read. After finishing each book I couldn't open the next one fast enough. Engrossing, beautifully plotted and written so well it makes it exceptionally easy to slip into the world of Harry Hole. My only disappointment is now I have finished them, and The Leopard, I have to wait for Mr Nesbo to publish some more. Write faster Jo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive reading!, 19 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Jo Nesbo Gift Set (Paperback)
Amazing stories, great value! After reading the first chapter of the leopard I realised I should go back and read the earlier Harry Hole novels first. The imaginative plots, with multi strand stories, lead you to guess and re-guess the outcome. The often grisly routine work is interjected with thought provoking trivia, historical facts and stunningly clear and funny one liners! These are the sort of books you can't help reading quickly but you want to read again to appreciate the convoluted plots even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jo Nesbo gift set, 12 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Jo Nesbo Gift Set (Paperback)
I bought these books having read The Snowman which I could not put down. Hopefully the other books will be as good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Jo Nesbo Gift Set (Paperback)
I absolutely love Jo Nesbo! Having read all of these books I am eager to get my hands on 'The Phantom' and 'The Bat'.

My favourite would have to be either the Snowman, or the Leopard (although I don't think this one is included in the pack). It is definitely worth buying this pack as the books will not disappoint if you are into the Nordic murder mysteries!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value entertaining bookset, 6 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Jo Nesbo Gift Set (Paperback)
I had been meaning to buy a Jo Nesbo book based on reading the Millenium trilogy by Stieg Larson. The set contains the first 5 books from Jo Nesbo, the first of which is very entertaining and well written. The set is also ideal for sharing and prove to be good value at £2.00 a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 14 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Jo Nesbo Gift Set (Paperback)
This is a remarkable bargain, the books are gripping and it is very hard to imagine how this price has been reached, I am about to order another set, great as an affordable present as well as obtaining this set for oneself at a fraction of the price of the individual titles.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Jo Nesbo Gift Set
Jo Nesbo Gift Set (Paperback - 20 Nov. 2011)
Used & New from: £24.99