5.0 out of 5 stars The Workhouse Girl
This book is worth everyone of those stars and more. I could not put this book down. A brilliant book from a brilliant author. Dilly Court`s books are amazing!!!!! This one will keep you on the edge of your seat. More like this please Dilly.
Published 21 months ago by A Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit pradictable
a bit predictable in some places, also how the villains kept on showing up unexpected through me off until I found out it all tied in together. 3 1/2 stars. liked the characters but need a better plot line.
Published 11 months ago by antonia rose

5.0 out of 5 stars The Workhouse Girl, 11 Aug. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars The Workhouse Girl, 19 Aug. 2013
I found this a very good book, the sort of book you can't put down til it's finished.
Top mark 10out of 10

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, 21 Aug. 2013
this is a brilliant book and up to the usual high standard from dilly and i would recommend to everyone to read this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Workhouse girl, 19 July 2013
This was another very good read from Dilly Court and once started hard to leave down Lots of twists and turns making it enjoyable

5.0 out of 5 stars My Wife Absolutely Loved It., 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Workhouse Girl (Paperback)
My wife was recommended this book by a work colleague and after a few, not so subtle hints, I sent for it. It is set in an era she enjoys reading about, with believable characters that seem to come to life, it very quickly became a real "Cant put it Down" book which she absolutely loved from start to finish. This is the first Dilly Court she has read, however I can guarantee it will not be the last.

5.0 out of 5 stars realy good read i like dilly court books, 1 July 2013
it was by dilly court her books are very good there are no bad parts I could not put it down

5.0 out of 5 stars The Workhouse Girl, 23 Jun. 2013
A great story, well written. I was gripped and could not put the book down until finished! More please soon

5.0 out of 5 stars The workhouse girl, 23 Jun. 2013
very good like all her books I have read.I have read all her books so far. Any more coming out

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping tale of tragic start in life that ended in Cinderella style - Happy ever after, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Workhouse Girl (Paperback)
This is the first book I have read from Dilly. I wasn't sure if I am honest as I am a great fan of Valerie Woods and have read all her books. But, I found this book from Dilly to be well written and it gripped me from the start! Poor Sarah, what a miserable existence... I wanted to wrap her up and bring her home! It really had you in the moment for most of the book!
The book taught how the true value of friendship (Nettie Bean) can help you win through in the absence
of parents and siblings! I liked it so much I have ordered the Ragged Heiress. I cannot wait to be entertained.
Thanks Dilly!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've read in a while!, 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Workhouse Girl (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book and was sad when it came to an end this morning for me. It reminded me a little of a female 'Oliver Twist' with loads of romance, passion and intrigue thrown into the mix. The characters really came to life, leaping off the page. I loved the friendship between Sarah and Nettie from the Workhouse and onward as they undergo various trials and tribulations. The men in the book too are interesting from the villain of the piece, Trigg, the Workhouse Master, to Sarah's love interest. But I shan't say who that is, not to spoil things. I've never read any Dilly Court novels before, but now I definitely want to read more of her work -- I am well and truly hooked! Another plus for me about this book is that the print is a decent size to read.

The Workhouse Girl
The Workhouse Girl by Dilly Court (Paperback - 12 Sept. 2013)