5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for those late night feeds!
Published 14 months ago by Wessexchick

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok.
Published on 9 Oct 2011 by Clare Maxer

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for those late night feeds!, 14 May 2013
I came across this autobiography in my local library when I was wondering around pushing my four week old baby. I'm quite a fan of autobiographies and decided to borrow the book. At home, I left it next to the chair where I do my baby's night feeds. It wasn't long before night feeds became desirable! I found the book enjoyable to read and easy to dip in and out of. James describes his life in a manner that is both humorous and poignant. My husband asked me why I wasn't laughing out loud one day as I was reading a book written by a comedian. I explained that James is not a comedian...he is an actor (something I would not have understood myself a couple of weeks ago)! I found it really interesting to learn about James' past acting experiences and was pleasantly surprised to discover that he did not use the autobiography to name and shame or embarrass others. He just tells his story and comes across as very genuine and extremely honest. I respect the journey he has been on so far and I look forward to seeing him on the television, on the big screen and in theatres in the future. I would definitely recommend this as a great read, even if, like me, you haven't yet watched 'Gavin and Stacey'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Didn't expect to like it but I did, 30 Oct 2011
Rebecca Thompson (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
I had mixed feeling about purchasing this book as I was put off by some of the negative reviews on here and also the price as considering this was a new release it was cheaper than I expected it to be.
I decided to ignore the reviews and give it a go and I was glad I did.
Although I like James Corden he does sometimes come across as arrogant and I expected the book to come across in the same way but it didn't. It was a very funny read and from the first chapter I was hooked.
Some of his stories had me laughing out loud especially the one where he ends up in a brotel in London on his way to a big audition and also the one where he was so desperate to be on tv that he phoned This Morning and spoke to Richard and Judy.
I also liked reading about how James and Ruth came up with the idea for Gavin and Stacey.
I purchased the kindle edition of this book and it was nice that some photos had been included at the end of the book as usually photos aren't included in the kindle versions.
The only complaint I do have is that in the kindle version a copy of his school report was included but it was so tiny that despite changing the text size to it's maximum size I still couldn't read it so it seemed pointless including it if it couldn't be read.
Overall a good celebrity biography that I enjoyed reading and that I would recommend for anyone wanting a funny read.

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok., 9 Oct 2011
This is an easy enough read. I finished it, which says somthing. However it all felt a bit rushed. If I wanted a history of his career I would have just looked it up on wiki. People read bio's to find out about the person. Throughout the book it felt there was a bit of a 'oh god I've agreed to write this but I'm a bit rushed for time so can't think about it too much but my deadline is next week so I'd better write this fast" and also...genuine enough but....I lost count of who was 'the most amazing' 'most wonderful' 'just brilliant' 'best actor/writer/person/genius' 'kindest nicest person' in the world. It really could have been a more reflective book but he just didnt spent enough time on it. And seriously, please don't sell out and release another book in a couple of years about life as a father - or if you do, spent more time on writing it. I just felt the book was playing up to that lead and it finished with almost a 'to be continued.....' line.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book!, 22 Feb 2012
I really enjoyed this book from start to end! I've always enjoyed James's work and found the journey he's had so far an interesting read, well written, easy to read, good balance! Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars James Corden, 31 Jan 2012
The book arrived in time for christmas, and was very well received as a christmas present.It has been passed around the family and was worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and readable, 11 Jan 2012
Jimbo (Milton Keynes) - See all my reviews
I didn't really like the persona of James Corden but some friends met him and thought he was wonderful. So thought I would give the book a go and see what he was about. I thought that it was very readable and it had me laughing out loud a couple of times. I think that he knows that he has been really lucky with his breaks - however this did go to his head for a while which he admits - but he has worked hard to achieve his success. I think that he also needs to realise that we are constantly on a journey of self discovery, so he hasn't learnt it all yet - his constant references to him being over 30 now and has learnt from his mistakes were a bit annoying, as were the "best actor/writer/genius" of everybody he has met - with the exception of the Hollyoaks team. Although even that was couched in very diplomatic language. Saying that, he has been honest about himself and his personality does come through in the book. He definitely needed a kick up the arse when he was younger but I suppose he wouldn't be where he is now if he had been given one. I enjoyed the book and think that he has packed alot in, in his 30 odd years. So I wish him every success in fatherhood and the future and hope that he is able to further his acting and writing. I would recommend this book as an easy read which is enjoyable and amusing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 2 Jan 2012
I really enjoyed reading this book and have recommended it to friends and family. There were even times i sat and chuckled to myself, it really is very entertaining.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not funny, 25 Jan 2014
Didn't finish reading this book, got bored less than half way through. Love James' comedy writing, but this is simply a dull account of his career. Very disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 1 Feb 2013
What a rubbish book. Thought I would like this autobiography as thought James corden was funny but after reading this book I cannot believe how boring he is. Good for insomniacs as this book would definitely cure their condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars James Corden has my attention!, 21 Feb 2012
I love James Corden! From his early beginnings in Teachers to the success of Gavin and Stacey, I am a fan of his work and he has always seemed like such a nice guy. I wanted to read his autobiography just to see if that was true or not.

I'm please, and relieved to say, that this seems to be the case. From the very start, James sets himself up as a normal guy. He's writing the book whilst his wife is in hospital after giving birth to their first baby and it takes a hardened case not to feel all misty eyed at the picture at the end of the book!

What I found so interesting about the book was that how much he had been trying to get into the acting industry and how difficult he had found it. Yet at the same time, he had been involved in some massively popular programmes, such as Teachers and Fat Friends, making himself a household face long before Gavin and Stacey. He writes honestly and describes the people he worked with with a great deal of respect and makes himself appear quite humble in comparison. I got the impression that even now, he finds himself wondering just how he became such a favourite.

Although he's only the same age as me, and in terms of acting careers is only really setting off now, he has experienced and achieved enough to fill a book and written in his easy, charming style, I found myself feeling as though I'd just been in a pub with him as he told me his life story.

May I Have Your Attention Please?
May I Have Your Attention Please? by James Corden (Paperback - 5 July 2012)
5.59