5.0 out of 5 stars Tackles every aspect of starting to run
I loved this book. Everything Alex talks about I can relate to - from the fear of setting out on your first run, to the clothing, especially underwear, decisions that come with the sport. I am no professional - I try to do 2-3 5k runs a week but I wanted to read something to inspire me to increase this and do a half marathon. I was always of the mindset that I wasn't a...
Published on 15 May 2013 by Hannahr1902

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining
A lighthearted account of the joys and trials of being a female runner. Part autobiographical, part 'a guide to running'.
Published 1 month ago by Sara

‹ Previous | 111 12 1326 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Paperback)
Brilliant read if your a girl and like running or even if you want to run, so funny and true! I keep telling all my friends you must read the book "running like a girl" excellent .

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read for runners of all levels..., 15 May 2015
Love this book, as a very new runner I found it a comfort and a motivator when it all got a bit much. Thank you Hemmo, you inspired me to keep going even when I thought it was impossible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now!, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Paperback)
I could waffle on forever about this book but I won't. I have read it three times and have bought and given it as a present many times. I can't recommend it highly enough for anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully written book, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Running Like a Girl (Paperback)
naturally written. What I like about this book is everyone has been there, every runner, male and female can relate to Alex's road to running enjoyment. Just waiting for the sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars It made me laugh, cry and got me even more motivated. I loved this book so much I bought copies for all my friends!, 14 Feb. 2014
It made me laugh, cry and got me even more motivated. I loved this book so much I bought copies for all my friends! I would recommend this to runners and non-runners alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars enlightening, 8 Feb. 2014
Mrs. L. Milner (Tunbridge Wells, UK) - See all my reviews
An excellent book....perfect for someone who has never run a marathon. Has given me a real insight into what it will be like and has inspired me to keep going. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this if you are a runner, 10 Aug. 2014
As a 40+ year old runner (been running for a year) it's a greater to make you realise you are not crazy just enjoying running. Thx for writing this I REALLY enjoyed it

5.0 out of 5 stars An engaging and motivating read, 1 July 2015
I love running, and I enjoy reading the experiences of other runners. I found this book to be engaging and motivating. I still have no desire to run a marathon though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 24 May 2014
Funny, insightful, truthful. Brilliantly honest portrayal of the joys and pains involved in running and the many avoidance techniques you will attempt to employ.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 15 Nov. 2014
Funny, practical, realistic, Alexander's description of the highs and lows of marathon training/ racing really struck a chord with me, I must just give it a go!

‹ Previous | 111 12 1326 | Next ›

Running Like a Girl
Running Like a Girl by Alexandra Heminsley (Paperback - 16 Jan. 2014)