4.0 out of 5 stars Take it for what it is.......
Published on 2 Jan. 2013 by Rachel

1.0 out of 5 stars The Tender Trap
If ever there was a biography that painted a picture as the artist wanted to see it, it is this one. So, Frank never had 2 daughters or grand-children that he adored? Read this book and you won't find one word about them - in fact, their names don't even appear once !
Published on 20 Aug. 2011 by Mr. Guy Woodford

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars The Tender Trap, 20 Aug. 2011
When I first read Tina Sinatra's book entitled 'My Father's Daughter', I wondered if there was some exaggeration about her view of her step-mother. This book does nothing to make me feel that the last Mrs Sinatra was all she makes out she was.
The book is mostly slanted to all the 'good works' she has done and, although her husband covered most of the costs of donations, she seems to take the glory.
I do not think this book is a truthful or fair account of Frank's last 20 or so years of life and I recommend anyone who is really interested to read James Kaplan's 'FRANK' which documents his life up until 1954 and to wait for the second part due in 3 years or so where I am sure we will get the real story of those later years.
Above all Frank was an 'honest' man, this is not the book he would have wanted written.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 Aug. 2011
Sadly I cannot agree with the other reviewers.
I have been a life long fan of Frank Sinatra & his music, & I have enjoyed a number of books already written about him - the good, the bad & the ugly!
However there hasn't been a book written by someone so close to the great man so I was really looking forward to this & even broke my own rules by buying the hard back.
In essence I thought that this book was badly written & vacuous, focusing too much on Barbara & her life (which seems to be a series of tedious name drops & not what I bought the book for, lovely lady as she seems to be).
I so wanted to enjoy this but I ended up skimming through the chapters to reach the end.
Not for me. Sorry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Take it for what it is......., 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Lady Blue Eyes: My Life with Frank Sinatra (Paperback)
I think you've just got to take this book at face value, yes it's self indulgent and an endless list of name-drops but that IS what this ladys life was like with Frank Sinarta and the era of showbiz they both belonged to. I think this is a very honest account of life as Mrs Frank Sinartra and there is no sugar coating it. She's very frank (no pun intended!) about how he was and tells it like it is. If you're looking for some 'dirt' you're not going to find it in this book just a detailed account of their years together and all the good they did together and as individuals for charity. Really not a bad book at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 12 Nov. 2013
A good book that arrived on time. But it painted a picture of Barbara Sinatra that wasn't quite believable and anyone reading Christina Sinatra's version will see why.|

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting if bland, 29 April 2014
Obviously this covers the end of Sinatra's life, and she acts the dutiful wife who is even prepared to renounce her own religion for Frank. She gives a lot of cover to her charitable works and achievements but rarely mentions if at all her relations with Frank's children. I am a bit sceptical about the early stages when she was still married to Zeppo and if she is telling the whole story. A bit like Henry viii and Katherine Parr, she is the last love who comforts him when he is looking for a steady life in his declining years. Personally I would find the gifts a bit excessive and unnecessary to prove affection but if someone gave me a Cadillac I would not say no. Strange they did not mention meeting Harold Wilson when he was PM. If as some are now saying, he fathered a late child by Mia Farrow it must change the whole complexion of the story. Frank Jnr, disputes story anyway.

A decent book, mildly interesting and, as you would expect, scandal fee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful autobiography by Barbara Sinatra - I relished reading every ..., 14 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Lady Blue Eyes: My Life with Frank Sinatra (Paperback)
Wonderful autobiography by Barbara Sinatra - I relished reading every page of this book and got through it like lightening ...I love Frank Sinatra and have read a few biographies on him including the infamous Kitty Kelly book ;0..this one was a real insight to his life with Barbara - The exciting era's of the 50's/60's and 70's and the people/stars they were close to/the high life all described so brilliantly ..such a shame though that Sinatra's kids are barely mentioned there is obviously a frosty relationship there between his children and Barbara.....I did notice that Barbara was omitted from the Frank Sinatra musical I saw a few years back that Nancy had produced...families eh!

5.0 out of 5 stars lady blue eyes, 7 Jun. 2011
wow,what a fascinating insight into a fascinating man.i saw frank sinatra several times and was curious to know more about what went on after he left the stage.i was not disappointed.barbara sinatra had a whirlwind,jet set life style with a man whom she loved deeply ,but was also very human,with dark and shadow.i also thought the book was very well written.i couldn't put it down.

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent if not five star biography, 3 April 2014
Mrs. S. Morgan-davies (UK) - See all my reviews
I didn't expect an expose tell-all biography but this is a thoroughly sanitised version. Mrs. Sinatra sticks to her life with her husband and tells you about her luxurious pampered life style. The jewels, clothes , travels, holidays,houses etc
What happened to Sinatras children.? His son is mentioned a few times, but his daughters are as if they never existed. She mentions her own son frequently. Well I guess it is her biography.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read, 22 Jan. 2014
Such an interesting book and considering it was written by his last wife, very un biased. Would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD TO READ, 28 Jun. 2013
I FOUND IT ENJOYABLE BUT ALSO FOUND IT RATHERSTRANGE NOTHING WAS MENTIONED ABOUT HIS OWN CHILDREN THAT WAS SAD AS THEY WERE PART OF HIM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Lady Blue Eyes: My Life with Frank Sinatra
Lady Blue Eyes: My Life with Frank Sinatra by Barbara Sinatra (Paperback - 1 Mar. 2012)