5.0 out of 5 stars A harrowing and beautiful story: Lesley you've done it again
This book was one of the many Lesley Pearse books I got for Christmas. Out of alll of them that I have now read, this is by far the best.
Published on 14 Jan. 2004 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Helen Mead- London 2014
Very disappointing .I have read most of Lesley Pearse' books and loved them . The number of explicit sex scenes in Charity makes the book rather boring.I gave up halfway and turned to the last pages.
Published 13 months ago by Kindle Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A harrowing and beautiful story: Lesley you've done it again, 14 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Charity (Paperback)
The story is so harrowing and yet so beautiful. A young girl who has had a harrowing upbringing and has been seperated from the brothers and sisters she loves more than anything and then has to go through terrible ordeals to find someone who will love and take care of her properly, a job, not to mention find her brothers and sisters once more. This is just a beautiful story which at its most harrowing and its most beautiful would make anyone cry. I defy anyone not to love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet charity!!, 19 Jan. 2003
This review is from: Charity (Paperback)
having read this book 6 years ago i was well and truly a lesley pearse fan from the word go!now i have read them all but charity still remains the fave as it was the first intro into a fabulous writers work!!it was such fun to read about london in the 50 and 60's having come from somewhere so distant to all that! like all her books you are immedietley transported to the characters world. if i wasnt reading this book i was thinking about it. i became sleep deprived as i could not put it down til the early hours of the morning. after moving to london a few years later it was so good to finally see all these places mentioned in the book(as well as her others!)it was such a fun aspect of being in the vibrant city as i also read 5 of her other books during my few years there and lived the story a lot more vivadly. highly recommend all her books and guarantee a truly remarkable read!!!you wont be able to stop at charity!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars never look back, 8 May 2003
This review is from: Charity (Paperback)
I am a Lesley Pearse avid reader i have all the books released so far and not 1 have i been dissapointed in. With every book you can not put it down they are so easy reading and you become the character in the book. Never look back has to be one of my favorites and i would definitly recommend it to any one. Once you have read 1 of her books you will want them all and i for 1 can't wait for the next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good story by Lesley Pearse, 6 Feb. 2001
This review is from: Charity (Paperback)
This is the third 'Lesley Pearse' book I have read, and it is very good. I found myself keen to read the book until the early hours to find out what happened in the end. She had to endure so many bad things happening to her. I couldn't quite work out how her brother and sister could treat her the way they did though, not after everything she had done to try to be reunited with them. I was a bit disappointed in places though as some of the characters seemed to fade out a bit. I couldn't understand why Charity was treated badly by her Uncle Stephen either, the whole family history regarding her mother and Uncle seemed to be left in limbo. I half expected Charity to have a different father. Also, there was no further mention of Dorothy after her brothers death, and I felt she was partly responsible. So overall, there seemed to be a few loose ends that needed tying up in the end. Nevertheless, the book was enjoyable and I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My review for Charity, 7 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Charity (Paperback)
i recently read this book as a recommendation from my mum. the book was brilliant all of the way through - once i had got into it i was absorbed and could not put it down! i was even finishing it using only the light of my phone one night. i felt sad to have to finish the book, it was the first book by Lesley Pearse that i read and i hope that all of the others are as good!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book with complete involvment for the reader, 17 July 2001
This review is from: Charity (Paperback)
As I was finishing Camellia I just had to get the next book by Lesley Pearse and I though that Charity looked the best one to follow on with. I loved it. It was so tragic yet so fantastic to read. I really felt I was part of Charity's life experiencing both good and bad things and not least all her amazing relationships and deep love for the people she cared about.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read for long winter evenings or the beach, 2 May 2000
This review is from: Charity (Paperback)
"Charity" was the first Lesley Pearse novel I read, and I became hooked immediately. I was fascinated by the descriptions of the unmarried mother's home and her experiences... The cover looks a bit cheesy, but the novel definitely isn't. I recommend it to anyone who likes a good story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! So many story lines in one story!, 16 Mar. 2001
This review is from: Charity (Paperback)
This was the first of Pearse's novels I read. I found it extremely enjoyable and exciting! I have recommended it to all who reads. Charity's life is a pity, but her own dtermination and a little help from the few good people she meets along the way, brings her hapiness and contentment. However, she has her fair share of 'baddies' and distress throughout. Sometimes got a bit slow, but Pearse made up for that with an event or complicatin that would keep you hooked. Well worth reading and if you like this, then you will love Martina Cole. Dangerous Lady is my personal favourite, can't be beaten.

5.0 out of 5 stars i give to charity!!!!, 20 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Charity (Paperback)
what an amazing book. i read this book about 10 years ago and loved it so much that i could not put it down and all these years later it is still doing the rounds of friends and family. become transported to the swinging 60's of london town and you will become so encaptured with charity's life you will think you are living it along with her. you will not be able to put it down. highly recommended and you will not be able to stop at just this book, all her others are just as good however this rates as my favourite. any paullina simons and belinda alexander fans will LOVE lesley pearse!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart Wrenching and wonderful book, 1 May 2011
Mrs. V. Leete "Vanessa" (Great Yarmouth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Charity (Paperback)
This is one of the most wonderful and heart wrenching books I have read. I cannot tell you how many times I had tears running down my face, the worst of the tears were when Charity had to have her baby adopted, as she had no money and no where to live to bring her child up on her own, as the father of the child came from a rich family, and he did not know she was pregnant, and also he had written to finish there relationship.

There is so much content in this book regarding Charity life, if I write this it will spoil it for other readers. I love the friendship between Charity, Rita and Dorothy, they have all been through so much in there teenage years and beyond, that they remain so close as friends.

When you get towards the end of the book, it is absolutely lovely.

This is the first Lesley Pearce book I have read, and I would recommend this book to any avid reader, I am now reading another Lesley Pearce book 'Ellie', I have already read 50 pages and getting into the book.

Charity
Charity by Lesley Pearse (Paperback - 3 Mar. 2011)