5.0 out of 5 stars Drama, Love, Passion, Tradegy - This has it all and more!
WOW! Before this I'd read Rosie, also by Lesley Pearse and I was convinced nothing would beat that for an excellent read - Tara did. This is a book with everything: violence, drama, determination, love, and passion. I literally could not put it down.
As with most of Lesley's book the reader follows the life of a central character - in this case Tara, a young girl...
Published on 2 April 2003 by scatz81

3.0 out of 5 stars such bad editing!
The stars are given because its a brilliant story which I thoroughly enjoyed! however I recommend to buy the book! the kindle edition has hundreds of spelling mistakes. in one sentence fattier had been written instead of family! all of the mistakes and bad transfer into a kindle edition really ruined me being able to lose myself in the story which I would have been easily...
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 2 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
I did enjoy this book but guessed who the bad guy was pretty quickly which spoiled it a bit for me. However, saying that, I do enjoy Lesley Pearce's books and would recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tara, 22 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
I have read this book before, but mislaid it, as I am collecting all of Lesley Pearse' books I bought this one again. I enjoyed reading it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars tara, 13 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
This is the best book I have read from this author up to now.
Excellent story but I must admit three quarter through the book, I sort of knew who
the villain was.
Would recommend anyone to read this book, it's good but like the rest of the authors books, a bit on the sexy side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 21 July 2011
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
This is my first Lesley Pearse book but it certainly won't be my last. Loved the story of Tara and her family. The story keeps you gripped and you find yourself totally engrossed with the characters and their lives. What a wonderful storyteller Lesley Pearse is...I love the way she introduces you to what has happened with the character in the past and then brings it back to the present. If this story is anything to go by then I think Lesley Pearse is going to become one of my favourite authors. Can't wait to read more of her books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic page turner, 21 May 2011
Mrs. V. Leete "Vanessa" (Great Yarmouth) - See all my reviews
Another fantastic book by Lesley Pearse

Three remarkable women, Tara, Amy and Mabel, Tara her brother and her mother Amy are brutalised by there father, he uses Amy as a punch bag once to often, where she ends up in hospital, near to death but she does survive. and escapes the brutality which the family have been receiving, they stay with life long frine George and Harry,which is George son, Tara is only 12 years old, she has a terrible crush on Harry.

While the family are staying at George house, Amy receives a letter from her mother Mabel, asking them to move in with her on her farm, Amy has not seen her mother for years, and that is where she meets Greg, who is a Doctor.

When Tara is 16 she runs away from her grandmothers home and moves to London, where she starts a career as a dress designer, and later on love grows between bad boy Harry and Tara.

There is also a lot of tragedy in this book, but as usual there are happy endings.

5.0 out of 5 stars tara by lesley pearce, 2 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Tara (Kindle Edition)
this is the second book that i have read by this author and her story telling and imagination are brilliant. a very enjoyable book

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 8 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
This book is brilliant from start to finish. Fantastic twists and turns, it had me gripped. I have read a load of Lesley Pearse's books and by far this is the best so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tara, 3 Oct. 2010
Mrs. S. Berry - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
A very good read and a brilliant author I have ordered more of Lesley's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read, 11 July 2010
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
Yet another good book by pearse, I loved it, couldn't put it down. You really get to know the charcters like they are your best friend and you have to find out what will happen to them. Cannot put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Good Read, 3 July 2010
Mrs. M. Hockin "mojo" (North Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I have bought another 2 by this author, it is a lovely story.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 | Next ›

Tara
Tara by Lesley Pearse (Paperback - 3 Mar. 2011)