5.0 out of 5 stars Drama, Love, Passion, Tradegy - This has it all and more!
WOW! Before this I'd read Rosie, also by Lesley Pearse and I was convinced nothing would beat that for an excellent read - Tara did. This is a book with everything: violence, drama, determination, love, and passion. I literally could not put it down.
Published on 2 April 2003 by scatz81

3.0 out of 5 stars such bad editing!
The stars are given because its a brilliant story which I thoroughly enjoyed! however I recommend to buy the book! the kindle edition has hundreds of spelling mistakes. in one sentence fattier had been written instead of family! all of the mistakes and bad transfer into a kindle edition really ruined me being able to lose myself in the story which I would have been easily...
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Drama, Love, Passion, Tradegy - This has it all and more!, 2 April 2003
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
As with most of Lesley's book the reader follows the life of a central character - in this case Tara, a young girl who along with her mother and brother has to suffer her fathers brutality. As she grows up we learn her families history and the challenges she needs to overcome to stop history repeating itself. Each tragedy Tara faces makes her stronger and more determined but will her love for the charming rogue Harry Collins be her downfall? Is it really possible to escape the past?
As always Lesley throws her readers into the book - bringing each character to life. My favourite has to be Queenie, a market stall owner with all the qualities of Ma Larkin (Darling Buds of May anyone?). This is an un-missable read - but then again so is every Pearse novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars a real can't put down read, 9 July 2003
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
Well, I am in love with Harry.......... this is such a spell binding read, the characters are alive, I found myself wanting to hug Tara and make it all okay for her. I have read quite a few of Ms Pearse' books now, and they just keep getting better, she has this huge talent of taking on which ever period and place she is writing about and making it her own.........roll on rememeber me, i cant wait

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 16 Mar. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
Of all the Lesley Pearse books that I have read ( and that's most of them, which of course are all brilliant), I have to say that this one's my most favourite yet. I found myself riveted from the start, desperate to find out whether Tara got Harry Collins - what a man, every girls dream! Some really unexpected twists in this story, sad, happy, sexy absolutely brilliant writing. Lesley's done it again. What am I going to do when I've run out of all her books, will there ever be another author to match her. Still got Rosie left to read, and Ive been told that its the best one. I'll need some convincing after Tara.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tara, 16 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
I just did not want this book to end. I was totally gripped from the first page. It tells the story of a young girl, Tara, who's mother and brother are brutalised by her father and then follows her journey through all the emotions you can think of. Like all Lesley's books, you just seem to get so involved with the characters, especially Harry Collins, just read the book and you will know what I mean!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Years ago, 3 Sept. 2008
S. Wood "poshbird24" (Nottingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
I read Tara years ago when it was first published and I can honestly say it was one book that has stayed with me, after I had read it I passed it to my best friend and she read it and to this day we still occassionally talk about Tara.... there is just something about this book that makes me smile when I think back to it ... cant wait for my daughter to be old enough to read it

5.0 out of 5 stars Lesley Pearse does it again!, 6 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this book and thought it was excellent!
I am now reading Camellia, which is equally as good but actually links to 'Ellie'. Read 'Ellie'first though.
Lesley writes a dramatic and emotional book and gives you a lot of history too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic page turner, 21 May 2011
Mrs. V. Leete "Vanessa" (Great Yarmouth) - See all my reviews
Another fantastic book by Lesley Pearse

Three remarkable women, Tara, Amy and Mabel, Tara her brother and her mother Amy are brutalised by there father, he uses Amy as a punch bag once to often, where she ends up in hospital, near to death but she does survive. and escapes the brutality which the family have been receiving, they stay with life long frine George and Harry,which is George son, Tara is only 12 years old, she has a terrible crush on Harry.

While the family are staying at George house, Amy receives a letter from her mother Mabel, asking them to move in with her on her farm, Amy has not seen her mother for years, and that is where she meets Greg, who is a Doctor.

When Tara is 16 she runs away from her grandmothers home and moves to London, where she starts a career as a dress designer, and later on love grows between bad boy Harry and Tara.

There is also a lot of tragedy in this book, but as usual there are happy endings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read!, 21 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Tara (Kindle Edition)
This book caused me to have many late nights,as I couldn't put it down. Lesley Pearse has done it again. I found the odd typing mistake a little off putting but I would thoroughly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 22 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Tara (Kindle Edition)
Tara was a wonderful book which created pictures of the brutal side of the East End of London, the calm serenity of Somerset and the high glamorous side of 60s London. The violence and evilness of some of the characters was only tempered by the loveliness of the heroine and her gritty determination not to relive her mother's and grandmother's lives. I loved this book and all the characters even the nastiest ones! I found as the book galloped to its exciting climax I was unable to put it down and was anti anyone or thing that tried to distract me from reading. Thank you for another brilliant story Lesley.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 21 July 2011
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
This is my first Lesley Pearse book but it certainly won't be my last. Loved the story of Tara and her family. The story keeps you gripped and you find yourself totally engrossed with the characters and their lives. What a wonderful storyteller Lesley Pearse is...I love the way she introduces you to what has happened with the character in the past and then brings it back to the present. If this story is anything to go by then I think Lesley Pearse is going to become one of my favourite authors. Can't wait to read more of her books.

Tara
Tara by Lesley Pearse (Paperback - 3 Mar. 2011)