5.0 out of 5 stars Drama, Love, Passion, Tradegy - This has it all and more!
WOW! Before this I'd read Rosie, also by Lesley Pearse and I was convinced nothing would beat that for an excellent read - Tara did. This is a book with everything: violence, drama, determination, love, and passion. I literally could not put it down.
Published on 2 April 2003 by scatz81

3.0 out of 5 stars such bad editing!
The stars are given because its a brilliant story which I thoroughly enjoyed! however I recommend to buy the book! the kindle edition has hundreds of spelling mistakes. in one sentence fattier had been written instead of family! all of the mistakes and bad transfer into a kindle edition really ruined me being able to lose myself in the story which I would have been easily...
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Drama, Love, Passion, Tradegy - This has it all and more!, 2 April 2003
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
As with most of Lesley's book the reader follows the life of a central character - in this case Tara, a young girl who along with her mother and brother has to suffer her fathers brutality. As she grows up we learn her families history and the challenges she needs to overcome to stop history repeating itself. Each tragedy Tara faces makes her stronger and more determined but will her love for the charming rogue Harry Collins be her downfall? Is it really possible to escape the past?
As always Lesley throws her readers into the book - bringing each character to life. My favourite has to be Queenie, a market stall owner with all the qualities of Ma Larkin (Darling Buds of May anyone?). This is an un-missable read - but then again so is every Pearse novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 16 Mar 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
Of all the Lesley Pearse books that I have read ( and that's most of them, which of course are all brilliant), I have to say that this one's my most favourite yet. I found myself riveted from the start, desperate to find out whether Tara got Harry Collins - what a man, every girls dream! Some really unexpected twists in this story, sad, happy, sexy absolutely brilliant writing. Lesley's done it again. What am I going to do when I've run out of all her books, will there ever be another author to match her. Still got Rosie left to read, and Ive been told that its the best one. I'll need some convincing after Tara.

5.0 out of 5 stars a real can't put down read, 9 July 2003
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
Well, I am in love with Harry.......... this is such a spell binding read, the characters are alive, I found myself wanting to hug Tara and make it all okay for her. I have read quite a few of Ms Pearse' books now, and they just keep getting better, she has this huge talent of taking on which ever period and place she is writing about and making it her own.........roll on rememeber me, i cant wait

5.0 out of 5 stars Years ago, 3 Sep 2008
S. Wood "poshbird24" (Nottingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
I read Tara years ago when it was first published and I can honestly say it was one book that has stayed with me, after I had read it I passed it to my best friend and she read it and to this day we still occassionally talk about Tara.... there is just something about this book that makes me smile when I think back to it ... cant wait for my daughter to be old enough to read it

5.0 out of 5 stars Tara, 16 Oct 2006
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
I just did not want this book to end. I was totally gripped from the first page. It tells the story of a young girl, Tara, who's mother and brother are brutalised by her father and then follows her journey through all the emotions you can think of. Like all Lesley's books, you just seem to get so involved with the characters, especially Harry Collins, just read the book and you will know what I mean!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lesley Pearse does it again!, 6 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Tara (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this book and thought it was excellent!
I am now reading Camellia, which is equally as good but actually links to 'Ellie'. Read 'Ellie'first though.
Lesley writes a dramatic and emotional book and gives you a lot of history too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tara, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tara (Kindle Edition)
Well I am a softy when it comes to a good heart breaking romance and I enjoyed this one .I am looking forward choosing my next book

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read!, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tara (Kindle Edition)
This book caused me to have many late nights,as I couldn't put it down. Lesley Pearse has done it again. I found the odd typing mistake a little off putting but I would thoroughly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tara (Kindle Edition)
Lesley Pearse does it again. Brilliantly written, great storyline. Really draws you in to the story. Always find it hard to put her books down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Tara (Kindle Edition)
Lesley Pearse never disappoints - great story that grips you from the first page

Tara
Tara by Lesley Pearse (Paperback - 3 Mar 2011)
5.59