5.0 out of 5 stars Sky High
The first time I read this book I was on a plane flying away on holiday. Not the most comfortable postion I have ever sat in after the first couple of chapters start off by describing the carnage onboard a plane that has just been poirpoising.
Published on 28 Oct 2005 by Mr. C. Mace

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative, and gripping
Published on 26 Nov 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Sky High, 28 Oct 2005
Mr. C. Mace (Bedford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Airframe (Mass Market Paperback)
The book is a great read, and is an absolute page turner. The combination of technincal information, piloting, business decisions and edge of the seat tension, puts this book in a class of its own.
I have never read a book on a plane disaster, and it's investigation, so was not sure what to expect. The book delivered and then some. A must read for anyone who has the slightest interest in aviation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth Flying For, 2 Jan 2007
This review is from: Airframe (Mass Market Paperback)
After having been treated to a double dinosaur special of 'Jurassic Park' and 'The Lost World', I was a bit skeptical of reading a Micheal Crichton novel which didn't deal with the prehistoric. Anyway he pulled it off yet again but only just. The narrative is excellent and the technical detail is pretty neat though I wish he had some sort of glossary to help readers not familiar with aerospatial or avionic terms. There seemed to be a dash of 'Rising Sun' in the plot but somehow that didn,t get developed too well. Thats why I lopped off one star . However, all in all, a good read .Don,t take it on the plane though !

5.0 out of 5 stars Airframe, 31 Oct 2006
This review is from: Airframe (Mass Market Paperback)
When I first read the front page to get the jest of the book, I was pretty hooked on it, after got it home, I started reading it, and I haven't been able to put it down.

The story is basically about an aircraft problems and cover ups, and when the going gets too tough, the company puts the blame on a woman who tries her best to understand what has gone wrong. Some say it is not one of Crichton's best, I'm not so sure myself. There hasn't been one book of his that I have read I can leave it after the first chapter, and this book is no exception.

4.0 out of 5 stars Marvel!, 20 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Airframe (Hardcover)
From a serious accident happened on TransPacific aircraft, to a seris of business war. Casey Singleton, a QA of Norton Aircraft had a great responsiblity to find out the reason of this mysterious accident. She face varieties of challenge during the investigation. Time limited, pressure from her members and superiors, the risk of losing a great business with China and so on. When she reached the point to lose her mind. Destiny revealed to her the truth, and a plan which nearly put them to the worst situation they could imagine... Another marvel story from Michael Crinchton, his well-written leads reader to the great mystery of the accident. He managed well in the multiple-views from different character and use a simple structure to deal with this chaotic events. You could never guess the ending until the very last part of the story. Once again, a great story that you must read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 11 Feb 2000
This review is from: Airframe (Mass Market Paperback)
I disagree with some of the other reviews here. I found this book well paced and the author makes you feel as if you are personally striving to solve the mysterious riddle of the plane crash, along with the central character in the story. Although filled with technical detail in places it all adds to the authenticity of the story. I couldn't put this book down, however I did manage to guess the ending of the novel well before the end. A good read I would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating insight into Airline Safety, 25 Jan 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Airframe (Hardcover)
The book follows Casey Singleton, a member of the Quality Assurance board with Norton Aircraft. After a serious accident on board one of their aircraft, its Caseys job to find out what went wrong. But its not that simple, as she is constantly under pressure, from her superiors and members of the workers union to lie, in a hope of securing a job saving deal with China. The plot twists and turns throughout the book until you don't know who to trust. A book full of deep characters embroiled in a thrilling plot, that is as unexpected as it is surprising. If you like Crichtons other books then you'll love this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative, and gripping, 26 Nov 1999
This review is from: Airframe (Mass Market Paperback)
Personally, I enjoyed this book. Reading the reviews above suggest that it was thoroughly dull. This was not my experience. Crichton has a way of researching a topic in depth, and then drawing the reader in to his own unending enthusiasm for the topic. No, the subject matter may not have been as "sexy" as bugs from outer space, or dinosaurs from another era, but it still managed to surprise and shock as the pages turned. More importantly, the book explained aspects of the aeroplane business which I had never known, nor thought would be interesting before reading the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A typically good Crichton book, 1 Jan 2002
This review is from: Airframe (Mass Market Paperback)
Airframe is a real Crichton thriller. Before reading the book I didn't believe any book could be a "page turner" but this one really is! It loses one star in my rating because of the slightly tiresome (but quite essential) technical info in it, but overall it is a great book, well worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars AIRFRAME!, 8 Feb 2004
This review is from: Airframe (Mass Market Paperback)
This is a thriller about an air crash and the subsequent investigation by Michael Crichton the author of ‘Jurassic Park’ and more recently ‘Prey’. For those with a fear of flying I recommend to leave this book and move onto ‘Prey’, a newer novel that will perhaps increase your thoughts of feeling safer in the air! This is an action thriller and well written keeping the pages turning with a good flow of intrigue and theory. I read this in one sitting. Highly Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to read., 22 Nov 2001
This review is from: Airframe (Mass Market Paperback)
I got a copy of this book after a friend of mine said he was enjoying it and briefly explained to me what the book was about.
I found the book interesting and enjoyable, the fact that there was an unknown person hindering the investigation brought an element of mystery into the story, at the end you get to know who the person is and what part he had to play in the hinderence of the investigation.
I enjyed this book but this could have been attributed to the fact that I have an interest in aircraft. This book may not appeal to many readers as the flow of the book can be slow in places, but I do belive that other's who do not share my interst in aircraft will find it a good read.

Airframe
Airframe by Micheal Crichton (Mass Market Paperback - 3 Aug 1997)