4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book for the run up to Christmas
Published on 6 Jan 2011 by Serendipity Reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars All I want
Didn't want to put it down. Loved the recipes and want to cook cook cook. All I want is a shop just like bea.
Published 20 months ago by Lavinia

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book for the run up to Christmas, 6 Jan 2011
This review is from: All I Want for Christmas (Paperback)
This was a delightful book set out in a diary format covering the two weeks leading up to Christmas. It follows the lives of three different women as they cope with the stresses and strains of Christmas. First up, you have Bea, the owner of the The Honey Pot, a local coffee shop / deli, who is determined to make this first Christmas for her son a happy one. Bea was widowed before her son was born and has been through a lot. She has struggled to come to terms with her loss as anyone would.

Then you have Olivia, a girl born into a very rich family. She gets knocked down outside Bea's cafe and they eventually become good friends. Olivia is struggling to cope with catering for Christmas with her boyfriend's family as they all descend upon her. She also doesn't know how to cope with her boyfriend's marriage proposal and goes a little bit off the rails.

Lastly you have Chloe, the most cold hearted character I have met since Heathcliff. She does not give a hoot about who she tramples on and doesn't understand why her married lover doesn't want to spend Christmas with her. She is the Ice Queen and gets banned from the coffee shop. A few twists and turns later and Bea and Olivia go out of their way to melt the Ice Queen's heart.

I really enjoyed this book. It was realistic but heartwarming at the same time. Don't expect lots of gushing romance and snow filled wonderlands, because you won't get it here. What you will get is real life, real problems buut with a happy ending. Bea was the strongest character in the book and you cannot help but feel a little sorry for her as she came to terms with her alcoholism. It was very much an easy read and one that happily saw me through my congested days from Christmas to New Year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Festive Friendship, 17 Dec 2012
F Keegan (N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All I Want for Christmas (Paperback)
Three female character's take the lead, Bea owns a deli and is coping very well managing it while caring for her baby son, but where is her husband and how does she juggle cooking for the deli, working and caring for her son?
Olivia is a journalist, reporting on beauty products and is madly in love with her boyfriend Kieran, or is she?
Chloe is having an affair with a married man and between that and her job she really doesn't need anything else in her life...right?
It's the Christmas season and when Olivia get's knocked down outside Bea's shop the three women meet properly for the first time and their stories become entangled.

This tale of love, friendship and Christmas is a must read, each chapter covers a day starting from 14th December until Christmas Day. Within each chapter each woman tells a part of her story. I like this style of writing so this suited me well.The author deals with a certain issue remarkably ( don't want to mention it in case I spoil the plot) and having been in that position I thought she covered every angle with well thought about emotion.

Pretty front cover and helped me get into the festive spirit that I am sadly lacking at present

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read and not just for Christmas, 4 Jan 2011
This review is from: All I Want for Christmas (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this book and although flat out it took me about a day I really enjoyed it. The book is ideal for reading at Christmas but I would also recommend it for all times of the year especially on your winter or summer holiday. I did chuckle as some things in the book were actually true to life due to the weather we had before Christmas last year... how on earth could the author know? Buy this book, crack open a bottle of wine or a bar of chocolate and sit back and relax.

4.0 out of 5 stars From an Italian point of view, 13 Dec 2010
This review is from: All I Want for Christmas (Paperback)
Bought this book to have something to read just before Christmas, to feel even more christmassy than I usually do. I was very surprised when I found out it was somehow related to Italy, my homeland, as it was completely unexpected. I'm not very patriotic but I really liked the image of Italy which comes out from the book. Basically the author tells the truth about Italians and Italian customs without predictable cliché - I found particularly interesting the fact that Bea's late husband was from Genoa and not from the South of Italy, as you would expect someone who's such a great cook to be. Even the recipes which Bea uses are correct. Thumbs up for Amy Silver then, great job. And thanks a lot for providing such a lovely reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: All I Want for Christmas (Paperback)
Great feel good read on the run up to Christmas . A ideal bedtime read for girls young & old.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read to snuggle down to on a Winter's Night, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: All I Want for Christmas (Paperback)
I read this as part of my 'read only Christmas themed books' in December agreement I had with myself.
I truly loved this book, especially how it was written in diary format. I related to the character's straight away and I loved how different they were from each other, yet they were all brought together and fit so perfecly into each other's lives.
Chloe is the most complex of them with her starting out as a bitch who you really despise (the first meeting Bea has with her I felt my blood boil on Bea's behalf as she rudely chats on her mobile phone!) But it's wonderfut to watch her character develop and blossom.
The story isn't all about the joys of Christmas, there is heartache in there that the Author does an excellent job of provoking such emotion from the character to the reader.
I actually read it more or less in time with the counting down of the diary as it starts twelve days before Christmas so it truly added to the experience.
A must read to settle down to on the cold winter nights.

3.0 out of 5 stars All I want, 15 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars All I Want for Christmas, 7 Jan 2013
An absolutely brilliant read!!! This is the first book I've read by Amy Silver and I couldn't put it down. I read it in the week before Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed it. Just because it is a Christmassy book though you could read it any time of the year!

3.0 out of 5 stars A Festive read., 2 Jan 2013
An easy,relaxing book for the Christmas period.Some grammatical errors but overall a pleasant read.I would recommend it to my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, awful cover!, 2 Jan 2012
This review is from: All I Want for Christmas (Paperback)
The chick lit market is very saturated and it's sometimes difficult to know which author is worth reading. Amy Silver most definitely is. The characters in this book are very believable and Bea's cafe provides a nice setting for the characters to interact and the plot to develop. There's plenty of heartache but also plenty of heart-warming moments too. The front cover, though, is shockingly bad!

All I Want for Christmas
All I Want for Christmas by Amy Silver (Paperback - 25 Nov 2010)
6.99