5.0 out of 5 stars life changing stuff!
Published on 13 Nov. 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read but very dated.
Discovering Transactional Analysis may well change your life. It certainly changed mine.
This book provides a very accessible and readable introduction to transactional analysis.
However the book is dangerously out of date. It was written in the 60s and has not been brought up to date.
What I found out after reading this book and getting really interested...
Published on 21 May 2002 by R. B. Nicholson

2.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read but very dated., 21 May 2002
R. B. Nicholson "nicholsr99" (Portsmouth UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Ok, You're Ok (Paperback)
What I found out after reading this book and getting really interested in TA is that in the 60s TA went through a period where it was adopted as a kind of pop-psychology and a number of books were published which are now regarded as over-simplified. Also TA has moved on a lot in the last 30 to 40 years and there are now widely accepted theories and techniques which were not around in the 60s. A much more modern book is TA Today : A New Inroduction to Transactional Analysis,Ian Stewart, Vann Joines . Which I would recommend in preference to this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars life changing stuff!, 13 Nov. 2000
This review is from: I'm Ok, You're Ok (Paperback)
I loved this book for giving me an interesting new framework from which to understand my life. It brought me clarity and an 'ah-ha' kind of understanding to long standing problems that had been upsetting my life. The kind of book you really want to recommend to others who are in difficulty and need more understanding of the dynamics of human relationships...if only they would listen!!!Read It!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will change your life !!, 1 Jan. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: I'm OK, You're OK (Paperback)
If you ever feel insecure and worry what others think about you then this is the book for you. Harris explains in simple terms the breakdown of the personality and enables you to understand what makes people the way they are. It would be a shame if people went through life never having had the fortune to comprehend the details in this book. The PAC model is simple and it works.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm OK - You're OK, 21 Aug. 2003
This review is from: I'm Ok, You're Ok (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, both as a trainee counsellor and as a human being. It is a good starter to TA and the reader can readily identify with the processes described. It is very out of date, although I think you can read your way around this by bearing in mind it is a product of the 60s.
'Staying OK', the sequel written predominantly by Harris' wife, is a good read for those who want to follow up the theory with some practice. It makes entertaining reading, although it is rather more self-help than the self-enlightenment of the original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational -"A life changing book" is an understatement !, 8 Feb. 2000
This review is from: I'm Ok, You're Ok (Paperback)
Since reading this book I have managed to understand communication between people, the effects it has and a way in which to improve your communications. Since reading this book, my personal life has soared, acheiving goals in my work life and my social life also massively improving my relationship. I thoroughly recommend you read this book as it will open your eyes up to the real world and what opportunities lie ahead of you !

5.0 out of 5 stars A little dated, but still a great book, 14 Aug. 2007
Matt (Stourbridge, UK United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If you are having issues communicating with anyone, this is the book for you.

Be warned, it is a little dated - which I actually found amusing.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm OK, You're OK, 19 Sept. 2010
Mr. P. Moore (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Ok, You're Ok (Paperback)
This book is a must for all parents and anyone planning to be a parent. It is also a must for everyone who wishes to get on well with his or her fellow men and women.
I really believe that, if I had read this book before becoming a parent, I would have been a better father. Its message is so simple, but so compelling. One marvels at the simplicity of the method of pyschology which it teaches and advocates. I urge especially every parent to read it - but its messaga applies to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best introduction to Transactional Analysis, 1 Feb. 2002
This review is from: I'm Ok, You're Ok (Paperback)
This book changed things big time for me. And thats a complete understatement. Its more like enlightenment. Transactional Analysis is a discovery of what we are. Period. And this book does an excellent job of introducing you to just that. If you are new to TA, or if some body has suggested you to look into it, I believe this book to be the very best first text. Your world will never be the same!

4.0 out of 5 stars Heavy going, but a true gem., 27 July 2010
Cormac English "IslandFella" (Oireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Ok, You're Ok (Paperback)
When I first opened this book I found it heavy going. I'm a second year Psychotherapy student. I thought I'd go for something easier and then come back to it. I first read the book Scripts People Live and that is a good book. It's based on the "I'n O.K., You're O.K." message which of course is founded in the book I'm reviewing now. I then attempted to reread I'm OK You're OK and everything fell into place so well. This is a fantastic book. I think this book does suit the beginner and beyond - if the beginner has patience. Unfortunately I don't have any.

I've taken away a star because I didn't stick with it the first time round, but that could've been me and not the book. There is a lot of sense made within these pages. It'll get your ould brainbox ticking. I highly recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars evergreen, 3 Oct. 2009
Pentti Raaste Platan (Malaga,Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I'm Ok, You're Ok (Paperback)
This book is still actual. A clear description of Transacion al analysis for personal developement.
A very good help. I red it the first time in the eighties and now reading it again I realized new things!

I'm Ok, You're Ok
I'm Ok, You're Ok by Thomas A. Harris (Paperback - 4 May 1995)
Used & New from: £0.01