5.0 out of 5 stars Angela's Ashes with Angels!
This book has all the ingredients of a wonderful fairytale; poor girl with a beautiful heart, shunned by society, finds and loses love, has adventures with angels and spirits along the way, then becomes a famous and much loved healer, techer and author! But the incredible thing is, it's not a fairytale, it really happened!

Lorna's book brings angels to life in...
Published on 2 Aug. 2008 by L. Ashcroft

3.0 out of 5 stars Seeing's believing, I'm afraid :-(
I bought this book based on the hype and a good review from a YouTube Vid, so I guess I shouldn't blame anyone but myself for misspending five pounds.

Published 23 months ago by the devil's advocate

5.0 out of 5 stars Angela's Ashes with Angels!, 2 Aug. 2008
L. Ashcroft (Preston, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angels in My Hair (Hardcover)

Lorna's book brings angels to life in a way other books I've read on the subject don't because on every page, there's an everyday example of her connection with angels, which she describes in graphic detail. To her, communicating with and obtaining guidance from angels is as normal as brushing your teeth and she tells us that it can be like that for everyone, we only need to ask.

This is a simple and honest but beautifully written memoire that also contains advice and practical guidance.

I think it's a book that most people would enjoy and I'd defy even the most hardened sceptic not to become at least more open to the idea of angels after reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fascinating Account of an extraordinary gift by an ordinary Housewife, 10 Dec. 2008
G. Flexen "Truth Seeker" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angels in My Hair (Hardcover)
Lorna Byrne has written a book about the fascinating subject of "Angels" that even an eight year old child can read. Her amazing gift of communicating with the Angel and spirit realm goes way beyond most people's perception, her language is kept simple, and yet her description of seeing and communicating through thought and words is intriguing.

The appearance of for example Archangel Michael is full of detail, how he chooses to appear as human or not, she describes his dress, the colours of his robes, his eyes and the power she senses in his presence. lorna has had a difficult life, she has had to overcome all kinds of challenges, from her impoverished childhood in Dublin to nursing her dying husband and being a mother of 4 children.

Read this book with an open mind, yes Lorna does describe some amazing accounts of working with the Angels, but she does it with lashings of humility, her innocence on the subject of Spirit and Angels is very endearing, maybe that is why she was chosen to write this book and give us humans an insight into a life beyond the 5 senses.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling reading, 19 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Angels in My Hair (Hardcover)
Like many other reviews here, I couldn't put this book down, it's very well written and enjoyable to read. I have to admit that I find it a little harder to believe than other angel books I have read. I have a very open mind to these sorts of things, and I genuinely hope all that Lorna says is true, but I did struggle at times, as some bits felt very far-fetched, that said, she has obviously helped many people - so, true or not, she is having a positive effect on people's lives. I would highly recommend you read this book and make up your own mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book - gave me my own miracle, 25 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Angels in My Hair (Hardcover)
I'd read an interview with LB on the Daily TElegraph, ordered it immediately and read it in one day.At 6pm having put the book down, I went to the computer to see what others were saying about it. While doing that, came across [...] and opened that, found that Lorna invites us to write to her and ask questions. As my young husband is dying, and I had been interested in the way she coped with her husband's passing, I told her about it and asked her to pray for me. Within 60 seconds of me pressing 'submit', the bell to the outside door rang. I went out and there saw a beautiful young woman full of life and laughter. She asked if she could show me a portfolio of oil paintings done by herself and friends. I agreed. The paintings were all beautiful, and then she came to one,saying: This is the one I did, it is of an angel. My jaw dropped, my hair stood on end as I realised that this was Lorna's answer to me to tell me that she, and/or her angels had been listening to my prayer for courage and help. Can you believe it? An angel was sent to me!
I believe it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally inspired me - un-put-down-able!, 13 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Angels in My Hair (Hardcover)
I've never read anything that has moved me as much as this book has - I hope we all listen to our angels and make this world a better place...
If you don't get this feeling while reading this book I hope you will later in life

3.0 out of 5 stars Seeing's believing, I'm afraid :-(, 20 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Angels in My Hair (Paperback)

The positive; Lorna really came across as a casualty of emotional neglect owing to her mother treating her as 'retarded' all of her life; in a more enlightened age she may have received more sympathy for any learning difficulties she may have. I have seen her on YouTube and she seems a genuine person, not a shyster or out to make a quick buck but someone who believes in what she says and has slowly realised that people WANT to pay her for her revelations. She seems to have had an underprivileged life and I don't resent any fortune she makes from her books. She certainly hasn't been over-exposed as I stumbled on this book three years after its release. I think she is genuinely spiritual as opposed to religious, and I don't think that giving people spiritual hope is a bad thing (others may disagree).

The negative; the book came across largely as one of those 'my-poverty-stricken-but-nostalgic-upbringing-in-rural-Ireland' type books which are commonplace. There was too much focus on this aspect of her life. It was extremely repetitive in this aspect. The chapter titles would have been better numbered as the actual titles didn't pick out significant, stand-out sentences or words that were relevant to the chapter to come. I thought that she would tell us more of her life after her husband's death and how word of mouth quickly became fame etc, but the story more-or-less ends at Joe's demise.

I couldn't advise someone reticent or unsure about investing in this book one way or the other, really. I'm not sure that any of the reviews I have read tally with my feelings, so I guess I'd have to say if your money is precious don't do it but if not then give it a try! For me, I don't disbelieve Lorna but this topic for me really is a case of 'seeing is believing'. I'm open to the idea of angels, but I'm not convinced either way and should I see them I'd probably keep it to myself, knowing how cynical people are and how difficult to believe it could be.

Sorry I can't be more helpful or decisive - it's just one of those subjects!

5.0 out of 5 stars Angels in my hair, 6 July 2009
Ms. Christine M. Linares "Angels" (Gibraltar, Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angels in My Hair (Hardcover)
Brilliant, never read anything like it absolutely loved it, could not put it down and I have already bought it for my sister's birthday because I consider this a book to have, to be able to read it over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 11 July 2008
Dermot Carry "Ciara G" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angels in My Hair (Hardcover)
I was so looking forward to reading this book and I was not dissapointed. I could not put it down. Lorna is an amazing & gifted woman I am only sorry that I have never met her. I loved the way she described the angels & she has an amazing faith. She had a tough life but it never seemed to get her down, all the people she helped she is amazing. I recommend this book so much & hope she publishes another.

4.0 out of 5 stars No idea what to think, 20 July 2009
D. Capewell "Sarastro" (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angels in My Hair (Hardcover)
To many people,this book would be simply unbelievable - but is it? The subject matter is so far removed from the experience of most (I would go so far as to say virtually all) people, that I must say it is sometimes hard to know just what to make of it.
Here is the story of a woman who despite claiming to walk and talk with angels, even Archangels, has been quite poor for much of her life, and who could not prevent the early death of her husband, which raises the issues of karma and/or predestination, and the obvious question that if someone with her supposed ability can't have a happy life, what hope is there for the rest of us?
Yet there are numerous books "out there" that the "average Joe" will never read, or even come across, that detail stories as beautiful, unusual and compelling as Lorna Byrne's. Surely - at least I hope so - they can't all be total rubbish, can they?
Call me crazy but I would rather believe in angels, or spirit guides as some call them, than not believe. After the numerous "way out" books I have read, I would certainly not dismiss Byrne's book as "tosh".
Most people presumably have not read Brian Weiss' books on reincarnation. These are incredibly beautiful and very, very moving books, full of love. I do not dismiss Weiss' books because Christianity says reincarnation is untrue. I would be a fool to do so. By the same token, because numerous sceptics would deny the truth of Byrne's book, I am not going to just dismiss it. There are too many things in this world - as Shakespeare might have said - undreamt of in a sceptic's philosophy.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful book, 17 May 2008
This review is from: Angels in My Hair (Hardcover)
I was looking forward to reading this book as I had visited Lorna a few years ago and she had given me very helpful and accurate information about a health issue. The book was even better than I was expecting - a very moving account of a child growing up with this extraordinary ability to communicate with angels - A wonderful gift but one that had the effect of distancing her from others until, as an adult, she found people that she could confide in. The book also sets out what Lorna has learnt from the angels and so there is plenty of food for thought here for anyone interested in their own spiritual development. I found it an incredibly comforting book - it helped me visualise how much help might be out there if we ask.....

Angels in My Hair
Angels in My Hair by Lorna Byrne (Paperback - 9 Sept. 2010)