5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT read!
Published on 13 Jun 2011 by Best Crime Books

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I have enjoyed Susan Lewis's books previously but I am afraid this did not do it for me. I found the main charactor, Eva, totally wrapped up in herself and what had happened to her in the past. The storyline resembled something out of OK magazine and I could not relate to it at all.Rather disappointing
Published on 27 Mar 2012 by Maz

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT read!, 13 Jun 2011
Best Crime Books "Best Crime Books" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: No Turning Back (Paperback)
I only recently read Susan Lewis book Stolen and usually I wouldn't read two of her books so close together. Her last book was a great read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although she falls into the Chick Lit genre, I think maybe she should just be put under modern fiction as her style of writing and the sort of books she produces are far from romance stories where everything turns out great.

In her latest release we meet Eva who is the main character in this story. I instantly felt sorry for her but also felt she was a little weak and that was portrayed really well. When her world falls apart we see her character change and this in itself made for a very turbulent book when it comes to real emotions.

The other main characters were Eva' husband Don, who if I am honest, never really warmed to throughout the whole story. We also meet Eva's sister Patty and her two adult children Livvy and Jake, as well as Don's daughter Jasmine. The two characters of Jasmine and Livvy were my favourites and throughout the book you see the development of them as both characters and people.

The story itself is fantastic. There are two major plot threads running throughout the story. One of them is quite obvious from the outset and the other is interlinked throughout the whole book. I can't imagine that either subject is particularly easy to write about but Susan Lewis has done just that, with remarkable compassion.

Although I cannot quite put my finger on exactly what it is she does, all I know is she does it extremely well. Her books are lovely to read and although not always the happiest of subjects, they are made real and heart warming. This book in particular I thought was amazing, it was so easy to read and although not always with the perfect fairytale ending, so enjoyable. There are many people who will have experienced something like the character Eva and can maybe relate to her a little. Although her character started off as maybe a weak and insecure person it was nice to see her progress as the events in her life forced her to change.

I would highly recommend this book to anybody. Not your bog-standard chick lit type of book, but thoroughly good!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 Mar 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars strong start, then downhill for me., 4 Feb 2012
This review is from: No Turning Back (Paperback)
I really enjoyed the first half of this book, and felt it handled the subjects of loss, trauma, grief and betrayal really well. However, the author's over-excited use of co-incidence to not only solve the adoption mystery but also explain away the anti-hero's nasty behaviour as set out in the beginning of the book, meant that it ended with a completely unbelievable, sugary sweet conclusion.

For me it kind of missed a point around the issue of adoption, which is the conflicting feelings of guilt an adoptee feels when they meet their birth parents if their adoptive parents are still alive.

Still, quite a good read, if you can get past the annoying over-use of texts and mobile phone calls.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that you will want to go back to!, 1 Mar 2012
This review is from: No Turning Back (Paperback)
An excellent storyline makes this book compelling reading.
A realistic reflection of todays lifestyle , dealing with many emotional issues including relationships,fidelity and adoption.
this is an easy carefree read,and if you enjoy this author,I would recommend this highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Page Turner, 21 Feb 2012
This review is from: No Turning Back (Kindle Edition)
I am an avid fan of Susan Lewis and she never fails to keep me reading into the small hours! The storyliine is excellent - be warned keep a box of tissues handy I guarantee you will need them! One of her best I think

3.0 out of 5 stars Uninspiring, 21 April 2012
This review is from: No Turning Back (Kindle Edition)
This is the first Susan Lewis novel I have read and it hasn't inspired me to read another. I had to keep going and surprised myself by reading it all the way through. The good points were the way trauma was portrayed and the feelings of the main character, Eva, when she suffered another betrayal. However, they were far outweighed by the ridiculously neat storyline. I can't believe that a mother and adopted-at-birth son coming together for the first time when the son is a teenager could be so rapturous and without a hint of blame, reproach or anger from the son. How they simply settled into a life together instantly and another unbelievable ending was, frankly, laughable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab read, 10 April 2014
This review is from: No Turning Back (Kindle Edition)
I think this is one of her best books yet, it's brill from page one with lots of twits and turns and quite emotional in places.

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: No Turning Back (Kindle Edition)
I very much no turning back and look. Forward to more of her books. As with all her stories you can not put the book down

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: No Turning Back (Kindle Edition)
Excellent holiday reading, will be looking for more Susan Lewis. Sure I will enjoy them as much too, really hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars another good story, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: No Turning Back (Paperback)
favourite auther once again a book you cant put down, always waiting for Susans next book, carry on the good work

ARRAY(0xab9e366c)

No Turning Back
No Turning Back by Susan Lewis (Paperback - 2 Feb 2012)
3.86