Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Shop now Shop now

4.7 out of 5 stars3,055
Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 February 2010
I love this book!From when my teacher had me do an essay on it in school to me reading it to my own children.I wont describe the plot as everyone else has.But what I will say is read this!!You wont be disappointed!
on 13 November 2015
I never read this for my school work but everyone talked about it when I was a kid. Now my son is doing it for his English so I thought I would read it . I really wish I had read it before it is a brilliant book.
on 28 March 2015
Harper Lee is able to take the reader right into the place and the people she describes with wonderful language. A delightful book. Why did she take so long to write a second? Maybe a question of, ' follow that'!
on 15 October 2015
A wonderful evocation of childhood and the evils of entrenched attitudes to race in Alabama. Brilliant characterisation across the cast of characters, and a particularly nuanced portrayal of the lawyer, Atticus.
on 10 June 2015
Touching and literary evocation of southern life from a child's eye view. Wise and ahead of its time and place, it still manages to raise a smile and delight with delicate character portrayal. A jewel of a book.
on 19 March 2015
This is a book that everyone should read. It reveals the stupidity of bigotry and explains that prejudice arises when intelligent observation ceases. Children are by nature accepting, adults can learn from this.
on 17 March 2015
This was the first real book I read at school and though I didn't realise it at the time it started my love of books. Read it again 27 years later and I want disappointed. Simply an amazing, life changing book.
on 13 March 2015
This book is part of my childhood and I loved it then reading it now as an adult again with my kids I still love I just identify with different elements of the characters and story. Can't wait for the follow up.
on 23 July 2014
This book had a big impact on me when I read it as a teenager in the 70's - is just as good as I remember. Everyone should read it - it is challenging, heart warming, tragic and humorous - Harper Lee is amazing.
on 6 August 2015
At the age of 78 I reread this book for the first time in over 50 years. I'd forgotten what a gem this is.
I will not read the newly published sequel because I love these characters and I want them to RIP.