5.0 out of 5 stars Scout's story
I must have read this story at least five times in the two or so years since I first picked up a copy, sometimes returning right back to the start after closing the book. I only wish I could remain immersed in Harper Lee's bygone age and beautifully crafted characters, and not have to reach that last page.
The main thread of 'To Kill A Mockingbird' is the trial of a...
Published on 17 Mar 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Get another edition
Before I start this review I want to say that I think To Kill a Mockingbird is a brilliant novel and it easily gets five stars. This review is of this book specifically. I happen to have both this edition and an older version printed in the 70s, and I'm afraid they seem to have strangely edited it. A couple of bits are cut out for no apparant reason - pages 191 and 280 -...
Published on 6 Dec 2006 by Tim Riding

‹ Previous | 163 64 6596 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 2 Aug 2014
J. Redpath - See all my reviews
One of the best books I have ever read. How could Michael Gove have thought it was a good idea to remove it from the school curriculum?

5.0 out of 5 stars For those who didn't appreciate it when at school, 7 Sep 2014
A fantastic read. Last read this at school when I didn't appreciate it. Go on, read it properly without the demands of your teacher.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books ever written beyond a shadow of a doubt, 4 Aug 2014
Even though I have read this book many, many times I never tire of it. One of the best books ever written beyond a shadow of a doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 17 Aug 2014
A tale of youthful innocence in a world where adults can be very confusing. Beautifully written. Thoughtful reading about equality

5.0 out of 5 stars First read this amazing story in school and I've already worn out one ..., 27 July 2014
First read this amazing story in school and I've already worn out one paper copy with rereading. Nice to have a Kindle spare :)

5.0 out of 5 stars It was a lovely story pity she hasn't written other ..., 24 July 2014
It was a lovely story pity she hasn't written other books, saw the picture many years ago and could just picture Gregory Peck.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 26 Aug 2014
Loved every minute of the story and easy read. Great characters and taught me to think that a person not guilty until proven .

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 21 July 2014
K. Booth (Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
A beautifully bound copy of a wonderful book which I bought to replace my old paperback add it fell apart. I will treasure it.

5.0 out of 5 stars To kill a Mockingbird- what an impression, 26 Dec 2005
Harper Lee's classic 'To Kill A Mockingbird' is book which upon first reading captured my heart and mind forever. It is a touching book set in the deep south of America, the story surrounds the story of Atticus Finch a white lawyer who has to defend a black man in a very prejudiced world. Whilst Atticus defends Tom, many other mockingbirds are revealed. I thoroughly reccommend this book it has everything a good book should. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not much has changed, 16 Aug 2014
Beautifully written, didn't put the book down. Glad it is on the GCSE syllabus. Hope my daughter enjoys I as much as I did.

‹ Previous | 163 64 6596 | Next ›

To Kill A Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition
To Kill A Mockingbird: 50th Anniversary Edition by Harper Lee (Paperback - 24 Jun 2010)