4.7 out of 5 stars3,090
Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 October 2015
I have nothing negative to say about this book, it is a classic for good reason. Reading it feels like you are getting a true representation of the culture of that time and it is thoroughly enjoyable with very believable characters.
on 5 October 2013
I loved this book and would recommend it for anyone. It is a modern classic that should be read by everyone. The language can be a bit hard to understand being set in Alabama. Never the less, To kill a mockingbird is an amazing book.
on 11 June 2016
What's not to love about this classic novel?! Bought this to replace an old copy I lost, love the new artwork on the cover. One of the greatest novels of the century, and something that will remain on my bookshelf for years to come.
on 6 November 2003
This novel is very well written in a style suited for a diverse age range. The narrative is crisp and concentrated; not at all rambling or unnecessary. The plot is bleak and dark, but is saved by a slight hope that things can only get better. I would recommend this novel because it reminds one of social issues still prevalent in society today. Racism, justice and disfunctional family life. I especially recommend this novel to all the 'racists' out there (if indeed there are any). I challenge you to read the novel and not feel any sympathy for the cause of Tom Robinson, and realise the devasting effects to our society of bigoted behaviour.
An excellent read, well paced and described. Harper Lee's contribution to citizenship is prolific!
on 17 February 2012
I've read this book many times. It really is genius, and never gets old. It teaches you valuable life lessons. I read it first as a teenager. You never really know a person till you jump inside his skin and walk around in it...
on 27 September 2014
On time delivery and a great read.
Was previously read many years ago and the old copy lost so seeing my granddaughter reading it as school task I just wanted to re-read.
Packing was ideal, not too much and easy to open!
on 14 July 2015
Such a great insight into a child's view of the world. A read that made me feel bereft when I came to the last page. I wanted the story to continue forever. Always wanted to read it for years. Good enough to read again and again.
on 27 July 2014
I read To Kill a Mockingbird in 1973 when I was at school and I loved it. I laughed, I cried and I wondered how people could treat others like that. I still do.

I read it every few years and now I can take it with me.
on 21 January 2014
I have always loved To Kill A Mockingbird, it's a powerful book, this edition is superb with a lovely cover it makes a great addition to anyones collection. It arrived VERY quickly and in perfect condition, as always from amazon.
on 25 March 2016
One of the best books I have ever read. I saw the film years ago with Gregory Peck as Atticus and the book was filmed very accurately. HARPER LEE tells a remarkable tale, through a child'seat eye and it still rings true today.