5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book!
Blackwood Farm is another uniquly writtten feature in The Vampire Cronicles.
As a big fan of Anne Rice and her works, I was unsure at first that her latest book may start to repeat the others - but I was pleasently surprised.
Blackwood Farm is a faboulously told story, which kept me on the edge of my seat, eager to read more.
I was sucked into the amazing...
Published on 13 Dec 2002 by fairygirl2

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay...
Published on 15 Sep 2007 by Mrs. S. A. Harris

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant book!, 13 Dec 2002
Blackwood Farm is another uniquly writtten feature in The Vampire Cronicles.
I was sucked into the amazing world of Tarquin Blackwood and his spirit friend, Goblin, and the many trials they face together as they grow - and how Goblin becomes more powerful and frightening.
This book is a must for all fans of the Vampire Chronicles!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another A.R classic, 10 May 2003
i've been waiting to read Blackwood Farm for months, and have finally done so and in the process not been dissapointed.
i read the book in a matter of days, about Quinn's life and his connection to Goblin his 'twin ghost'. Though i was disappointed in learning that Lestat was in the background, it still had the creativity of the other anne rice books and definately worth the read. The ending was surprising but made the book worthwhile and i can't wait for the supposed last book of the chronicles 'blood canticle'.
I definately recommend it to any anne rice fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the rest, 8 Jan 2003
It's a refreshing change to see Lestat back in action, albeit in the background. Blackwood Farm revolves around the character of Quinn, an impulsive young lord full of life and exploration yet secrelty haunted. Sound familiar? Quinn is basically Lestat's younger brother which is why the majority of you out there will probably love this book.
Personally I feel that this book is certainly more enchanting than Rice's most recent titles yet I do feel that there is something missing.
Unfortunately there's only so much story you can tell around a vampire, it drinks blood, it learns, it makes mistakes and it pines for a life it's lost. Rice has explorered all of the above and I feel that she's exhausted her bank of inspiration. I'm sincerely looking forward to a refreshing tale from her, perhaps she should bring back the beloved Lestat as a central character...
Blackwood Farm yearns to be a Vampire Chronicle and it succeeds where Vittorio and even Merrick failed. It's passionate, it's haunting and it's alluring and no doubt those of you who will be reading it will enjoy it. I certainly did.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for every Anne Rice fan!, 12 Nov 2002
Jamie Bateley (Tenterden, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Being a huge Anne Rice fan it did not surprise me that this aws yet another of her marvellous works that I could not put down, hence I managed to finish Blackwood Farm faster than I would have liked. Blackwood farm is the next installment in Anne Rices intriguing vampire chronicles and tells the story of the young Tarquin Blackwood who to all ordinary people appears less than ordinary, who else has an imaginary friend called Goblin, a spirit who plays and learns as he does? As the story unfolds Goblin grows into more than an imaginary friend and soon becomes more terrifying and must be stopped before the world in which quinn lives is threatened. Quinn is soon taken into the enthralling world of Lestat and his vampiric ways and Goblin also wants to be in on his new life. This story is the legacy of another fantastic family who Anne Rice has created and cleverly intermingled with her legendary Mayfair Witches. When you read this you will be captivated from beginning to end and believe me the end will leave you on the edge and eagerly awaiting her next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, Incredible and combining some of Rice's best work!, 28 April 2003
I loved this book from the start, with the return of our hero Lestat (who has regained his famous sense of humour) for a tale of evil and dark family secrets. Anne has joined her Vampire Chronicles with the successful Mayfair witches trilogy to give a new breed of vampire and more depth into her compelling world. Read this book and you will not be diisapointed. Except maybe that you have to wait for the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blackwood Farm - Anne Rice, 8 July 2004
This book had me gripped from the first page. It was a greatcambination of the Vampire chronicles and the Mayfair Witches, both of which I love. The character of Quinn conjures images of a young sensative and fairly scared young man. the love between Mona and Quinn makes you wnat them to be together.
It is a great book and brings the two sets of books together well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay..., 15 Sep 2007
This book was much more of a struggle to get through than all of the others put together. I struggled at the start the most - the long and complicated conversation between Lestat and Stirling was utterly forced and totally unrealistic. When it got to Quinn telling his life story there were ups and downs in the writing - "be my chocolate candy, I'm real unsure of my masculinity" being a real low. The two things I hated most about this book were firstly the seemingly limitless amount of money almost every character possessed - why does it matter? and the utter trash that consisted Mona and Quinn's romance. I went through the entire subplot thinking 'teen romance' and at no point was that belief even weakly tested. Other than that - the Goblin plot was sublime in all respects, I loved the intricate and well-developed family and friends, and Sugar Devil Island's mysteries were beautiful and exciting to read and wonder about.

4.0 out of 5 stars It was good..., 26 May 2004
J. Pols "geekilyexcited" (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed Blackwood farm, it doesn't live up to Anne Rice's earlier vampire chronicles, but I think its a hard target to meet and with this book she manages not only to create a intriging and new character but also has written lestat back into it, and shared with this the introduction of Mona Mayfair - who personally I think was the best character in it - who becomes a vampire it really is a great book packed with love, vampires, suspense, expectations and assumptions, ghosts and alot of death. It is a great improvement from her books Blood and Gold, Vittorio annd otehr of her newer (ish) books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Continuation to the Blood Drinkers Chronicles, 30 Dec 2003
Natasha (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Anne Rice has once again proved how truly immortal she herself is with Blackwood Farm. It's a brilliant continuation to the merger of the world of the Mayfair Witches and the Vampire Chronicles that started with Merrick. I'm a big fan and collector of Anne Rice's books and it was a pleasure reading Blackwood Farm following my disappointment in the movie Queen of the Damned that showed no resemblance to any of the books in the Vampire Chronicles. CONGRADUALATIONS!!!! Anne Rice and I look forward to reading Blood Canticle!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book not to put down, 28 Dec 2003
Vikki (Northamptonshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is the first book that I have read by Anne Rice and I was not disappointed. I liked the way that it kept jumping back and forth in time, this kept the book interesting and left you wanting more. I enjoyed this book so much that I have gone out and bought the other 9 titles which make up the Vampire Chronicles. I hope that the other 9 books are as good as this one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Blackwood Farm (Vampire Chronicles 09)
Blackwood Farm (Vampire Chronicles 09) by Anne Rice (Paperback - 4 Mar 2010)
5.59