5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book, 16 April 2010
Ms. R. Walker "Roz" (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The C-Word (Paperback)
Having been a follower of the blog, I was always going to buy this book, but I had to write a review to say it was excellent. I skipped to the acknowledgements section first and even that is written so well. This book is an honest and very funny read. Please write some more books Lisa!

Roz

5.0 out of 5 stars B****y brilliant!, 20 April 2010
This review is from: The C-Word (Paperback)
I came across this book and the blog by chance and wish I had found it a few months ago when I first started treatment. I'm only two years older and was glad to find that I was not the only one to have dealt with the Big C in a similar fashion - I could relate to the story so much, it was almost like reading my own journal! The facts are there in all their horrific yet in some ways glorious detail. The relationship with her nearest and dearest tugs the heartstrings and prompted me to thank mine for their support, I have laughed & cried reading this and thank Lisa for her candour.
Its a strong reminder that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

5.0 out of 5 stars The c-word, 16 April 2010
This review is from: The C-Word (Paperback)
Have been following Lisa's blog for some time and find her style of writing funny and truthful and love the way she tells it how it is....plus she swears as much as me the Book was an obvious purchase and i was not disapointed couldn't put it down and finished it in one day. Truthful funny, sad, shocking, scary and Real. Good recipe for a good read. Bet if she reads this she will have her red pen out making lots of corrections....
hopefully she will write some more....

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Struck a Chord, 15 Jun 2010
Mrs. Fj Hamilton (Shropshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The C-Word (Paperback)
Having gone through the same as Lisa, having had breast cancer in 2009 at the age of 30, this book really struck a chord with me. I would advise anyone going through or having gone through the same to have read this. The medical terms make sense which is great when in reality it can be confusing. I wish this book had been written for when I was diagnosed as the advice is great and answered a lot of questions I had.

5.0 out of 5 stars The C word... C for CHAMPION!, 18 April 2010
Mrs. A. L. Gilroy "ChemAngel" (Bolton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The C-Word (Paperback)
Another blog reader who was waiting excitedly for the arrival of my pre-ordered book, and it did not disappoint. Like others I was quickly hooked and read it in a day, in the garden, and was that involved I got sunburnt, but it was worth it. I laughed, I cried, and I couldn't help thinking "What would I do if..." and I hope 'me and mine' would approach it in the same way... lots of swearing, lots of love and openly and honestly. Thank you Lisa, and I look forward to more, whatever your topic may be.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must, 1 May 2013
This review is from: The C-Word (Paperback)
I am glad I bought it. I so enjoyed reading it. My teenage girls read it too. It is well written , Lisa lynch had an amazing personality. It was funny. Don't b put off by the title and mayb feel embarrassed to buy/ read it. It makes u appreciate life, honestly, PLEASE READ IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest and thought provoking, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: The C-Word (Paperback)
Devastatingly honest account of an experience of breast cancer. I found it heart warming and thought provoking written by a strong, courageous woman.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly Honest, 25 Aug 2010
This review is from: The C-Word (Paperback)
My sister lent me this book after telling me how brilliant she thought it was, she wasn't wrong! Lisa Lynch wrote much of the book as a blog when she discovered that she had breast cancer at the age of 28. She is frank throughout the book, she really does tell it as it is which can make difficult but important reading. I say important because I think that most people come into contact with cancer in some way during their lives. I have had friends whose mums have had breast cancer but you don't always feel right in asking too many questions about it but I think that Lisa Lynch addresses most things that I have ever wondered about.
As the synopsis says, reading The C-Word reaffirms your faith in life. Lisa Lynch is not looking for pity or pats on the back, she is just telling people about her experience. Her young married life was turned upside down and her and her husband's future were changed forever. Being nearly the same age and only a year into marriage it definitely made me question how I would handle such a situation. Realistically I have no idea but I would hope I would have just a tiny shred of the courage, honesty and humour that Lisa Lynch expresses in this brilliantly open book.

5.0 out of 5 stars C-Word...B-Word...Brilliant!!!, 16 April 2010
This review is from: The C-Word (Paperback)
I read this book in one day, my life was put on hold until I finished it!
Lisa writes honestly and openly about everything she has had to come face to face with since her breast cancer diagnosis and it leaves you feeling uplifted and motiviated.
You will fall in love with Lisa and her Family as there love for each other and sense of humour takes them through the darkest times they may ever face.
I know she may disagree but I find both Lisa and the book truly inspirational and can not wait to read the next one!! In short, it's brilliant, buy it then buy it for your friends too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly superb from beginning to end, 26 April 2010
mauvedeity (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The C-Word (Paperback)
It's about cancer, and one woman sticking her middle finger up to it. I've read the blogs, and I follow the tweets, so we bought the book. In the book, Lisa has more space to talk, and she does. More of her trademark humour comes out, but the setbacks are more sharply defined. Her writing takes you into where she was, and you really get the feeling of seeing it all from the inside.

By turns it's sad and happy. I didn't know whether my heartstrings or my farting strings would give out first. I laughed, I cried, and I turned pages like a mad thing until it was done.

I recommend it!

The C-Word
The C-Word by Lisa Lynch (Paperback - 15 April 2010)
5.59