5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly Quite Brilliant
I first picked this book up with a smug air of satisfaction: I was going to enjoy ripping this one apart. I had had enough of doing nice positive reviews, it was time for some good old fashioned vitriol and this tome- another road trip around the UK by some poncy metrophile southerner- would do the job perfectly.

And the first few pages appeared extremely...
Published on 14 Feb 2012 by Zipster Zeus

3.0 out of 5 stars Witty, very funny
Side-splitting laughter at first - so much so that I had difficulty in breathing! Unfortunately the style and content becomes very repetitious so that one flicks ahead for relief.
Published 21 months ago by Mr. A. Mason

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Tim Moore strikes again, 25 April 2014
I love this author, and this book had me laughing out loud on the beach - Bryson & Moore are in a league of their own when it comes to funny, informative and great storytelling

5.0 out of 5 stars Ver Funny, 20 Mar 2014
It took me a while to get around to reading this but I was glad when I did. Tim Moore has a great sense of humour and he quite often had me laughing aloud. However, it's far more than being just funny. It is obvious that he is a very intelligent and observant man, who is able to describe the worst Britain has to offer with masterly prose. If you like Bill Bryson you will like this too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, touching and fantastic writing, 19 Mar 2014
I can't believe I have never read this author's books before now.What a discovery , I have just bought his book on Spain to carry on a joyous journey

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: You Are Awful (But I Like You): Travels Through Unloved Britain (Paperback)
it's just very very funny as well as interesting. but mainly, it's so funny. a return to form. so brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly funny, 24 Jan 2014
Tim Moore resumes his travels, this time on a tour around the worst places in the UK. He drives the worst car, listens to the worst music, eats the worst food, stays in the very worst hotels and visits the worst locations - all of them selected by various opinion polls. The result is a wonderful book that had me snorting with laughter, for which I got a few odd looks in public places...

It is superbly written with some excellent analogies and witticisms - I highly recommend it, along with his other books, as he is a very funny man indeed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 11 Jan 2014
Very funny. Most of us will know at least one of these towns and all of us will identify the scenes and the people. I enjoyed this right up to the end and I suspect there is plenty more to come from Tim Moore. I walked part of the camino de Santiago with ' Spanish Steps' as my book - hilarious.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun., 6 Nov 2013
There are a lot of laughs but this book is also a commentary on the state of the nation. It moved me greatly despite so many laughs and I think it is a marvellous book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 21 Oct 2013
This book made me giggle when I was sorely in need of cheering up - enough said. Pity there was'nt more Moore. Love his books. Part 2 please!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awfully good, 14 Jun 2013
J. P. S. May - See all my reviews
Worth buying just for Tim Moore's spoof regeneration slogan: "Mordor - Going Forward". And the time he's accosted by an irate resident wanting to know why he's taking photos of his "f**ken flat" on the Cumbernauld estate.... great tales from a dodgy motor going through the badlands of Britain.

5.0 out of 5 stars TIM Moore, 7 May 2013
M. G. Law - See all my reviews
Great author with. A talent for observation of human behaviour and the ability to add his own before relating the amalgamation to his readers. Useful sometimes historic guides to places that draw you in .

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›