5.0 out of 5 stars great book
Published on 27 Jan 2011 by susie

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sequel to Trust Me I'm A Vet
I picked this up since I enjoyed the first book, Trust me, I'm a Vet, which surprised me 'cos (as I said in the review) it's not the type of book I normally enjoy. I like strong heroines which you don't normally find in chick lit books. I think my main reason for enjoying these books is the setting, it reminds me of my time at work.

Maz's relationship with Alex...
Published on 8 July 2011 by Thoughts Of A Scot Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 27 Jan 2011
This review is from: Must Be Love (Paperback)
I enjoyed Trust me i'm a vet so much that i pre ordered Must Be Love. The book did not disapoint. However, it would not be detrimental to the reader if they had not read the first book. It is funny yet sad, it is a real page turner, very true to life however, it must be said that you must be an animal lover to enjoy this series. I do hope there are more books in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nust be love, 1 July 2012
Lesley Juden (Essex) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed Cathy Woodman's first vet book and looked forward to this one, it did not disappoint. The author captures the essence of a country vet perfectly with a mix of humour that offsets the sometimes sad times.

4.0 out of 5 stars MUST BE LOVE by Cathy Woodman, 6 Aug 2012
Another great read following the new village vet. I look forward to reading more of Cathy's books as they are perfect reading for beside the pool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book , gripping series..., 10 Nov 2011
This review is from: Must Be Love (Paperback)
After stumbling across the first book in this series I quickly ordered the second book, Must Be Love, from Amazon and it did not let me down. The book had me hooked from beginning to end with a cast of very well defined and believeable characters in a wonderfully explained setting. It tackles some more serious issues than in the first book, however still has the power to make you laugh. I feel this book is not just for lovers of chic lit but can suit anyone who enjoys reading. Loved it so much I had to pre-order the next book in the series from Amazon, just waiting for it to pop through the letter box...!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sequel to Trust Me I'm A Vet, 8 July 2011
This review is from: Must Be Love (Paperback)

Maz's relationship with Alex is continuing and, much to his parents annoyance, seems to be getting stronger. Maz is fully immersed in her partnership with Emma until Emma seems to lose interest. Then the faecal matter really hit the fan!

I really didn't like Emma in this book, she comes across as a bit of a bitch. I know she has bad news in this book but she's still bitchy. I like how Alex and Emma's relationship is coming on and, since the author used to be a vet, the hassles of being a vet on call and trying to be keep a relationship going are a big story point.

A very light hearted, quick read with some ups and downs and the normal sads and happies. Worth a quick perusal, especially if (like me) you can appreciate the setting of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must Be Love, 14 Oct 2010
Leah Graham (Tenerife) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Must Be Love (Paperback)
When Maz Harwood moved from city life to country life, it was the best decision she had ever made. Not only is she partner at Otter House Vets alongside best friend Emma, but she also has a fantastic boyfriend Alex Fox-Gifford, despite the fact he owns a rival vets to that of Emma and Maz. Not only that but Emma is finally pregnant after years of trying and Maz is pleased for her best friend. However after tragedy hits, Emma finds herself having to take time off and Maz ends up having to run Otter House along with locum vet Drew and new girl Shannon. When Maz herself gets some unexpected news, her relationship with Alex is put to the test along with her relationship with Emma. Can Maz manage to placate everybody or will the fallout from Maz's news ruin everything she's worked so hard to build up whilst living in Talyton St. George?

Picking up Must Be Love was like putting on a comfy pair of slippers. I knew all of the characters from the previous book, Trust Me I'm A Vet, I knew how the book had flowed and I looked forward to carrying on the journey with Maz and co. in Talyton St George. Must Be Love picks up a little while after Trust Me I'm A Vet finishes although it's not strictly necessary to read the first book before this one as all is explained sufficiently. Whereas Maz was just finding her feet in the first book, in Must Be Love she's settled in her job and her home life and it was nice to see her continuing life. There were, as you might expect, a lot of hurdles for her to overcome although it was nice that her love life barely wavered throughout as I find it very convenient when an author gets a couple together only to break them up in the next book.

What I like best about this new series, is the way country life is presented. Talyton St. George might well be a fictional village, but it could quite easily be real. I found myself imagining Otter House, imagining all the other shops as well as the Manor where the Fox-Giffords work. As I said in my review of Trust Me, I'm A Vet, everyone is so close-knit in such a small village and it's not the type of closeness you usually find in a Chick Lit novel. The village is like a character in itself, along with Otter House, since most of the action takes place in and around Otter House, which sounds like the most charming vets I've ever heard of!

There are many other characters who work at Otter House as well as the many, many pet owners but it would take me a long time to discuss them all. One thing I will say is it is the most well-rounded cast I've ever come across! Everyone makes their own impact, from the pet owners to the pets themselves and although there are many wider characters, I had no trouble at all keeping up as everyone had their own traits that set them apart. Must Be Love did make me cry, because fictional or not, I had to see any pet pass away or have to be put down and it's to be expected that that will happen throughout the book since it takes place in a vets. Cathy manages to keep the book fairly light-hearted whilst also managing to touch on some more serious issues and I applaud her deftness of touch. I really hope Cathy is working on more books in the series, as it is a series worth reading and as long as Talyton St George lives, there'll always be gossip and stories to fill books with! Hugely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars FABBY, 4 Mar 2013
I loved this book. Would be great for lying on the beach somewhere hot - such an easy read! Worth every penny and more.

5.0 out of 5 stars hooked on Cathy Woodman, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Must Be Love (Paperback)
Have been drawn into the series of books about the village of Talyton St George, and all of the residents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Must Be Love (Paperback)
Really love her books can't speak highly enough about what a great author she is, l think any woman would love this book even men might.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading, 20 Jan 2013
Nice, easy book. No great thinking required but nice to slip into for relaxing read and unwinding time. Goo choice

Must Be Love
Must Be Love by Cathy Woodman (Paperback - 14 Oct 2010)