5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
I read this book just after finishing The Silence Of The Lambs. I didn't get what I was expecting, I got something better. I was hoping for a bit more of Hannibal Lecter in this book. He is only in it every now and again. The story does not revolve around him, this is not a bad thing because the story is utter genius. The plot involves an FBI agent who is asked to help...
Published on 5 Aug 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Introducing Dr Lecter
"Red Dragon" is I think the second book Thomas Harris wrote and the first to introduce the character of Hannibal Lecter. While his writing is fast paced and easy to read it is not quite the classic that "Silence of the Lambs" has become.

I couldn't help but compare the book to the original film version "Manhunter" which sticks closely to...
Published 15 days ago by Neil Lennon

4.0 out of 5 stars A Start to a Great Series, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Red Dragon: (Hannibal Lecter) (Paperback)
This book marks the start of a great series by Thomas Harris which is somewhat spoiled by the film "The Tooth Fairy" which uses this as the base of the story. The book, as is usual, is much more detailed in every respect and holds the attention right through. Whilst Hannibal Lecter does not play a major part in this story the seeds are sown for future events. I have to say that I would have preferred to have read Hannibal Rising first as this provides what I consider to be essential background.

5.0 out of 5 stars red dragon, 5 Feb 2012
the book came right on time and is a fantastic read, definitely recommend it.
the book was exactly described and in good condition

4.0 out of 5 stars Horrifically good, 17 Oct 2011
This review is from: Red Dragon: (Hannibal Lecter) (Paperback)
A surprisingly compelling book. This was the first book of it's type that I have read and I was definitely pleased with it. The story was easy to follow, had a fair twist at the end and was very well rounded up. The book was graphic, though not exceedingly so. It did manage to shock me a bit, though! Very impressed

5.0 out of 5 stars Red Dragon, 29 Jun 2011
This review is from: Red Dragon: (Hannibal Lecter) (Paperback)
I don't normally read this sort of book, crime, it was recommended to me so I bought it and started reading, I was hooked after ten minutes!! Excellent!!

4.0 out of 5 stars suspense, 4 Aug 2004
By A Customer
I managed to read this book before the film was made, and although the film was an OK representation, i found the book more fixating. i'm not going to bore you, but i strongly recommend you read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars slow reading at first, hold on, 3 July 2000
By A Customer
i found it disappointing only because of its lack of information re hannibal lector, and how he came to be incarcerated. captions were misleading, hannibal already exists, whats the story about that?

3.0 out of 5 stars they don't talk about hannibal lecter in this book, 3 Mar 2002
By A Customer
verry good book with a nice intrigue but if you are like me and you are a hannibal fan you will be very disapointed to see that he is not the principal character !!!!!!
For more than 200 pages they don't even talk about him !!!!!!!!!!!
Nevertheless Thomas Harris has produced a very good book filled with entrigue about the famous RED DRAGON and the detective that tries to catch him ....

1.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm...not convinced..., 3 April 2002
Having seen the film "silence of the lambs", I decided the book was a must read. Start at the beginning - I thought to myself, so I read this. I admit that in places it was moderately gripping and certain scenes held my attention but in the most part it was difficult to keep myself reading it. I found it fairly slow and far from terrifying. Maybe I was having a bad day when I read it, but it just wasn't up to my expectations.

Red Dragon: (Hannibal Lecter)
Red Dragon: (Hannibal Lecter) by Thomas Harris (Paperback - 7 May 2009)
5.59