5.0 out of 5 stars Hilihairyarse i could not stob larfing !
Published on 22 July 2011 by Patrick Wood

1.0 out of 5 stars In his own Write
I hate to rate anything associated with the Beatles so poorly but I did not enjoy any of this.
Published 10 months ago by Jay

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilihairyarse i could not stob larfing !, 22 July 2011
This review is from: In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works (Paperback)
I have'nt read this book since the early eighties so my memory of it is'nt that clear. I first came across it by chance in a branch of wh smiths in the late seventies and i almost fell onto the floor collapsing with laughter, ok i was only 15. A word of warning if you are in the slightest politically correct or do not have an open mind and a sense of humour do not read this book. From what i can recall some of the stories contain derogatory references to the physically and mentally disabled, jesus, the pope, jews, black people, blind people etc. I remember reading it almost with one hand covering your eyes wondering what was coming next. That this was released at the height of beatlemania is amazing and even more amazing that it was a best seller and won awards. Lennon loved to shock and he did not disappoint here.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works (Paperback)
I was searching for this book since a lot of time. Though it's not the original cover, it's always a piece of history and a piece of Lennon, which is never enough. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works (Paperback)
Its a brill book of short poems and stories. Some nice little sketches aswell by john. Must have for beatles lovers

5.0 out of 5 stars Chilhood memories, 16 April 2014
This review is from: In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works (Paperback)
i remember a friend having this book in my teens and always remembered def ted danoota and me very funny then not so sure now that some of the things written then would be nowadays

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works (Paperback)
Love the book, thought it was hilarious and his art is just ridiculous. I still keep re reading it - never gets old

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works (Paperback)
Maybe not to everyone's taste but most definitely suits my off-the-wall humour. There are some wonderful pieces. Some, at first glance, may look like nonsense, but read them out loud until you find the right pronunciation that will put you on John's wavelength - then you'll be rolling round the floor laughing.

1.0 out of 5 stars In his own Write, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works (Paperback)
I must be to stupid to get most of it. I just didn't find it funny. Lots of scrawled pictures and short stories (childlike). I'm pretty sure if it was John Lennon from round the corner you wouldn't put yourself through it. It is however written by one of my heroes and surely will go down as one of the greatest people of our times.
We all have to start somewhere I suppose.
Anyway, this is only my opinion. I'm a big fan of his but not of this book..

5.0 out of 5 stars Mother's extra "surprise" Christmas Present, 8 Mar 2012
This review is from: In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works (Paperback)
My Mother had lost her copies of the original books years ago. To find these for her again brought a beaming smile to her face as she received this non-heralded Christmas present!

In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works
In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works by John Lennon (Paperback - 15 July 2010)
7.69