4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad - I'm hopeful
This is the shortest one of the series so far at just 291 pages but Patterson does pack quite a lot into it.
The gang are now facing a worse threat, kids everywhere are rallying together all determined to 'kill the humans' but they also all seem to be brainwashed. Max and the Flock have to try and save the world once again and find out who is behind it all...
Published on 27 Aug. 2012 by Barmy_Bex

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting to the end ..
I have enjoyed this series so far, although the first three books were the best IMO, but I am about ready to read the final book and put the series to bed.

Published on 20 Aug. 2012 by Jenny C

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting to the end .., 20 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Maximum Ride: Angel (Paperback)

I have loved reading all abut the flock and their mission to save the world, the way they have all grown up an how their relationships have evolved (Though I have my fingers crossed for Max and Fang to get back together .. Such a cute couple).

Maximum Ride - ANGEL was a good book, Although Max is dealing with her break up, Fang leaving and Dylan she is showing more signs of maturity in her decisions. Although the book is titled Angel, Angel is not really a front runner and I was glad to see she has mellowed out and returned to her old cute and wise self again.
As usual Iggy, Gazzy and Nudge don't get and really good book time, but their little contributions add to the story, as do Fang's Gang.

So, why have I only given it 3/5 stars?
Well, I think there was a lot more that could have been explained in the book and I was left with a lot of questions, one's that will hopefully be answered in the next and final book,
Secondly because I do NOT like the addition of Dylan, he really creeps me out in this book and I kinda hated Max a little for falling for his charms .. He's "programmed" to like her .. Eww !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad - I'm hopeful, 27 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Maximum Ride: Angel (Hardcover)
There is a bit more action in this one again but it also still features a lot of relationship stuff, especially towards the beginning when our kick ass heroin is sat in her room crying, i mean puh-lease! Sure she's a teen with a broken heart but she is by no mean 'normal' and I always thought her tougher than that. She has to decide what she wants from her life, but can we say 'indecisive!'
Considering the book is called 'Angel' it actually doesn't really feature her all that much. It's more focused on Fang, Dylan and Max. I actually wanted to see more of her, I still don't know if I like her or not and I wanted to see her develop more so i could cement my opinion.
Fang is off doing his own thing, setting up his own flock and doing what he thinks is best and keeping away from Max.
Maya (the new name for the Max clone) also makes a re-appearance and I actually started to like her more than the original in places.
I didn't read this as quick as I thought I would but I did still read it in one morning. There is still the whole 'the world is ending and it's all our fault, we are hurting the planet etc' thing going on and it's getting quite old now. After book 4 I thought he would move on but apparently not, Patterson clearly has a strong opinion on the whole Global Warming thing, but for me it's just a little bit too much. It's not as prominent though so I could sort of glaze over it.
The ending is quite explosive and one of the best cliffhangers he's given us. It was actually quite exciting and seemed to capture the spirit of the earlier books again.
I'm hoping everything will come to an exciting conclusion in the last book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, 14 Jun. 2011
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Fang has left, and Max, hurt and bewildered, has no idea how to function anymore. She knows that the world still needs saving - that life is bigger than just the two of them - but it is one thing to say it and another to believe it.

When the deserter, he-whose-name-must-never-be-mentioned, suddenly fires a call their way out of the blue, Max, Dylan, and the gang are dragged into yet another plot for world domination - or, in this case, mass destruction. The Doomsday Group has suddenly sprung up out of nowhere. With its hypnotic figurehead, the DG is gaining followers fast. After witnessing a group rally, the two groups led by Max and Fang journey to the DG's headquarters in an attempt to crush the cult right at its roots.

Never underestimate a group of crazed and fanatical humans, even if they aren't genetically enhanced, even if they aren't the future of mankind, as the DG have started to call Max and her little group. The future of mankind, huh? That is quite a title.

Followers of the MAXIMUM RIDE series have come a long way, from Max's first discovery of her real identity to the various times her gang has successfully thwarted a crazed scientist or politician of some sort. ANGEL, this newest installment of the series, brings forth with it yet another villain to eradicate, which makes it feel as if the former books of the series don't matter at all plot-wise. However, Max has not lost her sarcastic touch and gangstah attitude, and the presence of Dylan creates - yes, you guessed it - a love triangle.

Really, Mr Patterson, I expected more of you. MAXIMUM RIDE started out as a fresh new series and has now been reduced to just another teen paranormal novel, in terms of characterization, at least.

While the plot of this book grabbed the reader's attention, there was not much depth to it. Even so, I could not resist reading the novel in one sitting, so I suppose I shouldn't be complaining. I did feel like Mr. Patterson was making too much of an effort to sound like a teen girl, though. Yes, Max is fifteen, but like, teen girls don't like, OMG, add in a "like" every few words when they like, talk, you know? I was fifteen four months ago. Trust me; I know what I'm talking about.

Despite all that, MAXIMUM RIDE is addictive and a very fun series to read. I know it seems as if I butchered every aspect of ANGEL, but still, I will not hesitate to obtain a copy of the next book in the series when it is published.

We have a weird relationship, Max and I.

Reviewed by: Cinnamon

2.0 out of 5 stars woeful, 5 Dec. 2012
Cloggie Downunder (Australia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Maximum Ride: Angel (Paperback)
Angel is the seventh book in the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. With Fang absent and apparently forming a flock of his own, Max and the Flock are at her mother's place in Arizona when Jeb Batchelder and Dr Hans Gunther-Hagen turn up to convince fifteen-year-old Max, who is pining for Fang, that she needs to a) lead the mutant survivors in the world after the imminent Apocalypse and b) create chicks with her perfect mate, Dylan. Before long, they are in a plane headed to the School when the Gen 77 mutants have been developed. Fang gathers his gang through his blog, and it includes the Max clone, now calling herself Maya. The Doomsday Group seem to have gathered a large following and their catchcry is Save The World. Kill The Humans. After six books, the megalomaniac evil scientist plot is wearing rather thin, and Max and the Flock strike me as incredibly naïve/stupid/gullible to be taken in by the baddies yet again. And really, a cold shower or a high-pitched noise as a cure for mass hypnosis? Please! Max abandons her half-sister Ella twice in this instalment; there are unexplained dramatic incidents that just seem to be a showcase for the flock's abilities; the whole thing is getting terribly lame. Will I outlay cash for the final instalment, Nevermore? Not likely. Will I borrow and read it? Yes, but only in the hope that Mr Patterson will do the merciful thing and kill the whole bunch off. This is woeful stuff, Mr Patterson! Pull your literary socks up, please.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maximum Ride thrillers, 25 May 2014
This review is from: Maximum Ride: Angel (Hardcover)
All these books are a wonderful read, though classed as children's books I loved them for myself and read them all. A tip to anyone else reading them, is you must do them in order, otherwise you get confused. That from personal experience.Very good books all of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, for teens, young adults, anyone who loves a good read!, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Maximum Ride: Angel (Paperback)
I started reading this series after reading the Alex cross novels. Although this series is aimed at teens I wouldn't dismiss reading if you are older! (I am 27). I really enjoyed following the loveable characters and after each book in the series couldn't help but wonder what they would be up to next. Very easy casual reading, doesn't require too much attention or thought. I would recommend to anyone, but especially perhaps people who don't really read that often.

4.0 out of 5 stars Growing up sucks!, 18 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Maximum Ride: Angel (Hardcover)
Poor Max, growing up is tough.

With Fang gone, Max is stuck in a rut. Dylan is still with the flock
and with her best friend gone, she finds herself unwillingly drawn
to her genetically 'perfect' otehr half.

With Fang collecting his own flock, both gangs must meet up in an
axplosive (quite literally) battle against the 'doomsday' group, whose
motto is 'Kill the humans' Creepy right?

In Paris, all is about to go down.....

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my type of story, 6 Jan. 2013
Irene Gallon "book lover" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maximum Ride: Angel (Paperback)
I am an avid James Patterson fan and have read most of his books. I had never heard of this one so I was keen to buy it.I could only suffer the stupidity of this about flying children living in trees for the first dozen or so pages. No doubt it wil lappeal to some but its not for me. . I preferred Peter Pan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 Feb. 2014
What the hell just happened? James Patterson has officially made me extremely confused and that means I'll have to buy the next book. These are written very well and I love them

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the read, 5 Feb. 2014
Love this series, best to be read in order but not 100% necessary, also Alex cross series, murder club & private series are well worth reading. Couldn't put it down!

Maximum Ride: Angel
Maximum Ride: Angel by James Patterson (Paperback - 2 Aug. 2012)