5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST read for any parent - hapless or not!
This is a laugh-out-loud book so read in private! Even my husband who only reads "serious" books, had to borrow this to discover what all the fuss was about and had the same problem supressing his laughter on the train. If you only buy one humorous book this year - I recommend this one!
Published on 12 Sep 2007 by Tamsin Evans

1.0 out of 5 stars Depressing, boring, annoying
Published on 1 Sep 2007 by MarkJ4

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST read for any parent - hapless or not!, 12 Sep 2007
Tamsin Evans - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book a must read!, 6 Mar 2008
L. S. Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diary of a Hapless Househusband (Paperback)
How embarrasing! This book made me laugh out loud several times on the train. Brilliant!

You must read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hilarious!, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Diary of a Hapless Househusband (Paperback)
This book is a must read for "househusbands". It is absolutely hilarious and on several occasions made me want to laugh out loud on the train! The situations he gets into, you can relate to in real life! If you want to read something light, I recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do yourself a favour and buy this book!!!!, 26 April 2008
This review is from: Diary of a Hapless Househusband (Paperback)
The book started a little slowly but soon picked up speed and what a ride the reader is taken on. I don't want to give away plot details because there are some rather funny plot lines in the book that make you LOL. I can't wait for his follow up book to this one - it is on my to be purchased list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Side-splitting, 10 Sep 2007
Ian Massey (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diary of a Hapless Househusband (Paperback)
Hilarious amd mirthful reading. As a father of 3 I related to every comment and event. Couldn't believe how much I laughed considering I commute on the train at 6.30am in the morning. Would recommend it was made into a film - someone call Richard Curtis!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sam Holden, 30 Sep 2007
This review is from: Diary of a Hapless Househusband (Paperback)
This book never becomes dull and there are several laughs on every page. Very very funny and very very British. The only bad thing about this book is that it had an ending. I could have happily read it forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny and true to life, 14 Aug 2009
Ms. Y. Bartlett "gymchef2002" (stockport uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diary of a Hapless Househusband (Paperback)
Its so well written and hits many truths about staying at home with young children.. I do it and i laughed at many of the diaries inputs of how fustrating every day can be..a funny funny book..brilliant

1.0 out of 5 stars Depressing, boring, annoying, 1 Sep 2007
This review is from: Diary of a Hapless Househusband (Paperback)
Don't believe the cover - this is not a funny book. In fact, I found it really depressing. When I saw the cover, I was excited because it claimed to be funny, insightful account of what it's like being a stay at home dad, but in actually fact, there's no insight and no humour beyond `Duh! Aren't men idiots?!' It's just a low-quality by-the-numbers chick-lit novel pretending to be something new.

As a parent, I think it's great that men are taking more responsibility for raising their kids, but this sort of book is like a huge step backwards - the main character is a bumbling, dithering mess who finds looking after his kids a bit beneath him. He'd much rather be playing golf.

You only have to read the biography of 'Sam Holden' on the back of the book to see why: it says he 'wrote the book after swapping lives with his wife for a week'. A WEEK?!!! No wonder there are no insights, or even a sense that he understands the pressures of raising kids. It's like spending a day fishing in the local pond, then thinking you can write `Moby Dick'.

I wouldn't have minded so much if it was funny. It isn't. It's boring, flat and insultingly stereotypical - men are useless, women are predatory or nagging - and worst of all, it suggests being a parent (and a husband) is just an irritation. If you want a funny, real-life account of being a modern parent, read `I Don't Know How She Does It' by Allison Pearson. This is just a waste of time.

Diary of a Hapless Househusband
Diary of a Hapless Househusband by Sam Holden (Paperback - 16 Aug 2007)