5.0 out of 5 stars Acting up
I got all excited when I saw that there was another book published by the late, great Melissa Nathan. I was disappointed to see that Acting up is another name for her book Pride, Predjudice and Jasmin Field.

Melissa Nathan was a fantastic writer and I have read all of her books, including this, and they are fantastic.

She is terribly missed.
Published on 7 April 2008 by M. JThompson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good holiday read
It was an easy holiday read, just prefer other books by this author. Would recommend this book. Love it on the kindle
Published 5 months ago by Samantha Louise Swinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 16 Sep 2010
This review is from: Acting Up (Paperback)
Another gem from Melissa Nathan.
I really loved this book and would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern version of the great classic Pride and Prejudice, 1 Jun 2009
This review is from: Acting Up (Paperback)
This book is great! I've always loved Pride and Prejudice and likes reading any adaptations of it.
Must-read if you're a fan of the classic love story!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent top quality book, 27 Feb 2009
Jay Rainbow (bolton england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Acting Up (Paperback)
good escapism, simple chic lit type book. I love this type to escape into a story and just chuckle and relax as you move along the story with the brilliant charicters.
good value for money too

3.0 out of 5 stars average, 26 Oct 2008
Lindymck (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acting Up (Paperback)
so very much a retelling of pride and prejudice which is the play which the plot revolves around. feels like its not very original as you can see which characters are who from pride and prejudice. not as good as her other books

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable and contrived, 14 Aug 2008
Roman Clodia (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Acting Up (Paperback)
Previously published as `Pride, Prejudice and Jasmin Field' this is an unashamed updating of Austen's P&P. Nothing wrong with that, only here the matching of the characters is too obvious and the close and detailed following of Austen's plot down to a large number of the scenes makes this both too predictable and also extremely irritatingly unrealistic and contrived.

What is a charming liveliness of mind in Elizabeth Bennett becomes here an overly aggressive obnoxiousness in Jasmin Field; and Darcy's (never my favourite character, admittedly) restraint becomes something far more hardened in Henry Noble.

So overall I found this an average read that just wasn't as clever as it perhaps set out to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, easy Read, 24 Jun 2008
Mrs. D. Greenhalgh (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acting Up (Paperback)
I started this a couple of days ago and just couldn't put it down, I found myself still reading this book at half 4 in the morning it was impossible to put down. The interaction betweeen Jazz and Harry is just brilliant, and so is their chemistry in the book. I loved the main character Jazz she was a laugh through out this book. I also love how Jazz's character changes through out the book when she finds out that people aren't really who she thinks they are, and it's interesting when reading to see how she reacts to this.

I love reading this book, as this was my first book I have read by her I am definatly interested in reading more of her books and would recommend this people. A great modern day Pride and Predjudice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Engaging, 4 Jun 2008
This review is from: Acting Up (Paperback)
I am already a fan of Melissa Nathan's work and, for some reason, was not expecting to enjoy this book as much as her others as the synopsis on the back just didn't draw me in that much. However, I was very pleasntly suprised.

This book is well written and makes you get drawn in to all the goings on. I actually found myself experiencing the same emotions as the lead character, Jasmin, at times, and this is one of the marks of a good book to me.

Funny, exciting and emotional: this is great chick lit.

We go on a real journey with Jazmin as she finds everything she believed she already knew turned upside down. Her opinions change and she seems to really develop as a character. Although she can seem a little irritating at first, you soon see depper in to her personality and find that actually she is a nice person.

Set around a production of Pride and Prejudice, this book cleverly interwines the plotline of the original book with this new one and finds that sometimes life mirrors art.

I found this book very engaging and enjoyable with a really nice, if a little predicatble, ending. To me it is the journey that gets the character to the end of the book that is important, and this was one full of twists and enjoyable little quips from the main character. A very good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 2 May 2008
This review is from: Acting Up (Paperback)
I've read 'Persuading Annie' and 'Acting Up' of Nathan's books and thought this was more enjoyable than the former. PA was OK, but I found that in this one the chemistry between the leading characters was particularly fascinating.

One has to suspend disbelief in some parts, but still, I found the novel so unputdownable, that I'll give it a 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Melissa, 18 April 2008
Catherine L. Harrison (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acting Up (Paperback)
It still gives me pleasure to see Melissa's books in the book shop windows I know there will be a time when it stops but it is still great to see she is being recognized and spoken of - it must be of some comfort to her Friends and Family that their Angel is highly regarded. R.I.P

3.0 out of 5 stars bit of a let down, 19 April 2008
This review is from: Acting Up (Paperback)
Was really looking forward to reading this.. but much as i hate 2 say it, it left me a little bored at times! Also leading lady Jazz left me feeling very iritated! She really annoyed me at times and felt the whole thing dragged on! have loved the previous books by the late Mellisa Nathan just feel this was not up to her previous standards.. sorry!

Acting Up
Acting Up by Melissa Nathan (Paperback - 27 Mar 2008)
6.21