on 25 May 2012
Have read all her books. I'm now more than 2 stone lighter than when I started on the first one (French women don't get fat). The suggestions for 'lifestyle' changes (not fad diets) are inspirational. I now regulary check in to Mireille's website and have a look at her latest 'musings' to keep me going!
on 6 February 2010
Having read the authors' classics, I was hesitant to buy this one. If you are thinking about it, go on and buy it. I have the hardcover edition, and I have it next to me. There is always something new, something inspiring to learn from her pages. It is friendly and informative. I love the way it is divided, because we too change with the seasons and we have different needs and desires. All in all a lovely ladies' read!
on 13 January 2013
I think this book is great and has been an absolute pleasure to read and will be re-read several times.
on 13 May 2014
Yes, this is entertaining as well interesting. Don't think I'll take it all the way, but a bit extra French on the side definitely adds some pizzazz!
on 18 December 2012
Lovely book, well done and the perfect book for real ladies. The advice is good and makes sense. I will read it again and again
on 14 June 2013
This is the sequel to the book "French women don't get fat" Don't they?? Go to any Auchan hypermarket in northern France and there you will see wobbly French women pushing their trolleys!!
Anyway this is a lovely book talking about eating foods in season and limiting yourself to small portions.
The best bit is that the author is the reader so you have this attractive French voice echoing through the kitchen as you listen!
on 12 September 2009
It's interesting and certainly readers of Mme. Guilano's first book will like this. But be aware: she uses North American terminology in her recipes which is not immediately apparent, especially as some utensil words have a completely different meaning! This does not lead to success!
on 11 February 2016
I turn back to this book for easy recipes that I know will not pile on the calories but be tasty. Well used book.
on 19 December 2015
Just mostly about food - but did make a lot of sense if trying to loose weight and have a healthier lifestyle.
on 10 February 2010
Another classique from Mireille Guiliano.
Elegantly written, with insight and harmony gently weaving through the seasons of the year and the seasons of our lives as women.
Whether we are French, English or whatever nationality a lovely read with of course some lovely recipes using seasonal produce.
Très bien!