4.0 out of 5 stars Another Triumph for Maeve Binchey!
Having read many of Maeve Bincheys books, i have to say that Cirle of Frieds, one of her earlier novels, is easily one of the best, and a book i would happily recommend to anyone looking for an entertaining, laugh-out-loud, hankies at the ready book.
Based on two friends, Benny and Eve, from a sleepy village in Ireland, the book centres on friendship and growing up...
Published on 11 July 2005 by J F Atkin

3.0 out of 5 stars Girly
Very well written with good characters, but not really my cup of tea as it was a bit girly and romantic for my taste.
Published 24 months ago by Jonny

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Aug 2014
This review is from: Circle Of Friends (Paperback)
great book quick service

3.0 out of 5 stars good- relatively speaking, 23 July 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Circle of Friends (Paperback)
This book is one of two I received for my birthday. I read this one first simply because I know this is a best-selling author and so I assumed this book MUST be good. And it was - no question. I enjoyed it immensely, I loved the characters and and it really engrossed me. Five stars! And then I read the other book, which was "Of marriageable Age" by Sharon Maas who as far as I can tell is an unknown, it ssems this is her first, and I was transported into heaven - Maeve's book is certainly good but Maas's is EXCELLENT, unputdownable, heart-wrenching! SO I give this one only three stars. It just goes to show how relative everything is.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, Sad and Dangerous to Read, 14 Nov 1999
By A Customer
Caution: read this book at your peril. It will lull you into fairyland aka Ireland... and there IS a medical student so a warning IS appropriate... cliches jostle each other for space on each page of Oirishry... the genders could not be more stereotyped if they were in an American 1950s Good Housekeeping annual; the language stagnates and solidifies into the suncream on the cover... Suncream on the cover? - of course... the only place for this book is on a crowded summer beach where someone may mercifully steal it while you are away getting an ice-cream.

1.0 out of 5 stars To be fair to our maeve, after reading tara road,, 15 April 2008
This review is from: Circle Of Friends (Paperback)
I decided to try another one of her books - this one - and i still think someone should give her a nudge and wake her up.

1.0 out of 5 stars A month too long!, 21 May 2009
This review is from: Circle Of Friends (Audio Cassette)
I ordered an item on the 20th April, a week and a half later -there was no sign of it. I contacted the seller and she contacted me back quickly to advise me she would follow up with the post office but she never came back to me, a week on i contacted her again and asked for my money back, the reply was quick and she explained that the postal service had not been at its best and it had happended before and she would refund me 'as soon as she had enough money in the account' another week went by and i had to request my money again! My money was refunded on the 20th April, a month after i had originally purchased the item.

Circle Of Friends
Circle Of Friends by Maeve Binchy (Paperback - 1 Jun 2006)
6.29