5.0 out of 5 stars The Queen of Italian cooking
I have a couple of Anna del Conte's books already, including "The Gastronomy of Italy" which is a truly fantastic book. I was slightly worried that this might be a rehash of her other work, but not at all! I haven't come across a duplicated recipe yet.

Published on 26 Nov 2006 by Camille

3.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity of Italian cuisine show-cased
If you are looking for a book to teach you how Italian food from simple and few ingredients, makes fabulous food, this is the book for you. Del Conte's good name as a food writer is well-earned. Well-detailed descriptions of procedure guarantee good results provided you make sure your ingredients are the very best of there kind: as any Italian cook would.
Published on 4 Oct 2010 by GJH Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars The Queen of Italian cooking, 26 Nov 2006
Camille (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amaretto, Apple Cake and Artichokes: The Best of Anna Del Conte (Paperback)

The book is divided into chapters focussed on key foods including: pasta; rice; bread; pulses; fish; molluscs; meat and poultry; prosciutto, salame and all that; vegetables; wild mushrooms and truffles; cheeses; fruit; nuts etc. which I've found very useful in practice, rather than the more usual antipasti, primi, secondi etc.

She writes very evocatively about food, always relating a certain preparation to a person or place, as is so often the case in Italy.

Her instructions are always clear and reliable - I've never made anything which turned out to be less than delicious, even first time out.

Anna del Conte is highly regarded in Italy as a writer on Italian food, and has won many awards there for her work (no Jamie Oliver interloper she!). This book is a really useful investment for anyone interested in Italian food, and how to cook simply and well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best if you can't get all of her earlier books., 29 Aug 2009
Sue Vickers-Thompson (Banbury UK) - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful compilation of Anna Del Conte's "best" recipes (although all of them are best!) which is a must if you haven't managed to buy her earlier books, most of which are out of print. Fabulous recipes, most easy but not all and perfect to create a real Italian evening. If you haven't any other of hers and even if you have, do buy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity of Italian cuisine show-cased, 4 Oct 2010
GJH Williams - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Amaretto, Apple Cake and Artichokes, 25 Aug 2011
Dr. Geoffrey L. Woodcock "Saints supporter" (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
A wonderful collection of the best Italian recipes. One of my "foodie" friends says that it would be his choice of "the book" for his desert island!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book......, 18 Nov 2010
This little book contains all the recipes you wish you'd thought of. If you're ever stuck for something that's fairly simple but out of teh ordinary, turn to Anna del Conte and in this book she never lets you down. Fabulous recipes for everyday and for something a bit more special. Forget Nigella and all her fancy ingredients, just pick up Anna and you won't look back!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book, 28 Jun 2010
L. Stewart (Australia) - See all my reviews
I really love this book. I only bought it last week but I have already made three things out of it.

I have heard about Anna before, mostly through Nigella Lawson's programs so I thought I would give her a try. I was a little worried as there are no pictures in the book and I haven't cooked that much authentic Italian food before, only the stereotypical dishes that you find in most cookbooks. However the recipes are very clear and easy to follow. The dishes I have made so far are absolutely delicious, healthy and so fresh and flavoursome and the ingredients are have been easily available at my local supermarket and fruit market. Plus the dishes are authentic!!

I love this book so much that I have already ordered three of Anna's other books that are now out of print from Amazon. I highly recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious cake, 26 Jan 2007
I only eat the results. However, my evidence to date indicates that - if your wife cooks, and you love food - this book is a worthwhile investment.

2.0 out of 5 stars No Photos, 22 July 2009
This is for serious cooks only. As a beginner, seduced by the reputation of Anna, I find it hard work to imagine what the dish is and wish I'd realised there were no photographs earlier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for xmas present, 11 Oct 2009
Ms. D. Robinson "D.Robinson" (Blackpool. U.K.) - See all my reviews
This item was bought as a xmas present. I am sure my Neice will love it.

Amaretto, Apple Cake and Artichokes: The Best of Anna Del Conte
Amaretto, Apple Cake and Artichokes: The Best of Anna Del Conte by Anna Del Conte (Paperback - 3 Aug 2006)
13.49