5.0 out of 5 stars Sheila Quigley does it again

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down by poor editing
Published on 1 Jan 2008 by catkin74

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheila Quigley does it again, 20 Jun 2007
A. B. Rodenby (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Every Breath You Take (Hardcover)
I have just finished reading this gutsy novel, fourth in the series. I grew up in a similar environment and reading this was like reliving my childhood. Sheila manages to capture the imagination and I just couldn't put it down - the Lumsden family could have been my own - a real down to earth group of poor, closely knit kids who live in each other's space but look out for each other when the going gets tough. Lorraine Hunt is totally believable balancing her gruelling workload with her delicate personal life. These novels would make a great TV series. Good Luck Sheila and keep them coming.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: Every Breath You Take (Mass Market Paperback)
Very good short story, easy to read, couldn't put it down as wanted to know what was happening. Would recommend to any one and to read the authors other books

4.0 out of 5 stars Quigley, 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: Every Breath You Take (Paperback)
I have been a fan of this author from her first publication. I find her approach to the topic and her wit very pleasing particularly given the subject matter. I am looking forward to more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Breath you Take, 12 May 2011
This review is from: Every Breath You Take (Mass Market Paperback)
Another fantastic book by Sheila Quigley. Once I started, I couldn't put it down........its a real edge of your seat kind of book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping read, 8 May 2010
This review is from: Every Breath You Take (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the first time I have read a book by this author and I only bought it after reading the reviews on here, I was pleasantly surprised at what a good read it was and will definitely be buying more of this authors book. It held my attention from the first page and found I was waking up early to continue reading it. Highly recommended for those that enjoy thrillers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great Sheila Quigley book, 6 July 2007
L. Thomas "laurie" (Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Every Breath You Take (Paperback)
I see im not the only one who thinks these books should be made into a tv series.
It's just what we need on our box. The Lumsden family make me giggle, it's great reading about them all!
Any way back to the book. Not the best of books i've read but still very good, great writing and of course utterly enjoyable characters.
I like the fact that Selina was bought into this book, here's hoping it will continue.
Here's to the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars all 4 books by sheila quigley., 20 July 2007
This review is from: Every Breath You Take (Paperback)
Sheila Quigley I have read all your books I have very little to say except keep them coming FANTASTIC AND GRIPPING from beginning to the end I look forward to your next one.I just wish I did not have to wait so long.What I would like is to see them made into films.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every Breath You Take, 15 Jun 2007
This review is from: Every Breath You Take (Paperback)
I have read everyone of Sheila Quigleys books and I think she is one of the top new writers! It has taken me only days to read each book as you just can not put them down until they are finished! I find this lady to be very talented and gifted, keep up the good work and hopefully get more than one book a year published. I rate all of her books with a 5 star!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down by poor editing, 1 Jan 2008
This review is from: Every Breath You Take (Paperback)
I have read all Sheila Quigley's books and I like the characters and setting. This book was an enjoyable enough read, but it was let down by many small errors all the way through the book. There were lots of sentences which had been broken up with commas when a semi-colon or two sentences would have worked better, and mistakes with small words, eg. "an" instead "and" and "Why" instead of "What". It's fine for the characters' speech to be written as they would say it, but the rest of the novel should be in correct English. I know this sounds really picky but these repeated errors were very off-putting. If Sheila Quigley's next book seems as rushed as this one, it will be a waste of her likeable cast of characters.

3.0 out of 5 stars Homely detectives in the north, 5 Sep 2011
This review is from: Every Breath You Take (Mass Market Paperback)
Although there is a gritty realism to her books that brings out the poverty and the hard times,
there is also a low key element because some of the characters are almost comical and caricatures.
The storylines are good, and she paces them well, throwing suspicion on just about everyone.
However her efforts to emulate the local dialect in print is grating and detracts from the reading. I think it would be better to write in normal English and remind us every so often that the words are said in thick Geordie or whatever - most of the greats refrained from trying to depict accents.
The main characters could be fleshed out a bit more, and it's past time Luke and Lorraine got old enough to achieve a first date at last. Also the police work should be updated from the fifties idea of just hauling in anybody who might fit and questioning them for hours - what happened to investigative policing?
That said she's a good read and she manages to keep them coming!

Every Breath You Take
Every Breath You Take by Sheila Quigley (Mass Market Paperback - 6 Dec 2007)
7.99