5.0 out of 5 stars a must read!!!
this is an amazingly funny book! really is great, if your in any doubt buy it!! its worth it, it was the first marian keyes book and bought, and ive read is twice and its still great! you cant put it down you can really relate to poor old claire, and you really want to help her in her hour of need!! really is brilliant, go and buy!
Published on 25 July 2006 by Ruth Cannon

3.0 out of 5 stars A slice of Watermelon please and helping of laughter
This is the second Marian Keyes novel I have picked up in six months to read. I am bit of a late discoverer of her novels.

This is the story of Claire who less than 24 hours after giving birth her husband abandons her and she is forced to return home to Dublin and recover from something she did not see coming and come to terms with her new enforced life and...
Published on 25 April 2009 by Jo D'Arcy

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Nov 2014
Bought as gift

4.0 out of 5 stars One to bunk off work for, 24 Sep 2003
This review is from: Watermelon (Paperback)
Watermelon, although written a few years ago now, still has the power to make you want to bunk off work on a cold autumn day and hide "under the duvet" with a beverage of your choice a load of choclate and read and read until you can bear it no more.
Written before all books were about "girl meets boy, boy dumps girl, girl has amazing adventures and then when boy wants girl back, girl says b****r off cos she knows she is worth more" it manages to be extremely funny and at the same time make you want to meet to meet claire for lunch and slap james silly! (esp if you're like me and have friends in similar positions). The only negative point would be the "new suiter" is a bit of a drip.
Still on form for Marian Keyes and I hope to see many more like this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer., 6 Aug 2014
Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 4 Nov 2000
This review is from: Watermelon (Paperback)
Although im male i can sincerelly say these are the best books ive ever read and am hoping to get suchi for beginners and no dress rehersal and i hope marian keyes keeps writing couse im sure no writer could match her skill in writing and being the character

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Oct 2014
Ms. Emma L. Rosamond (UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent

4.0 out of 5 stars Light-hearted read, 27 April 2002
This review is from: Watermelon (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. There's something satisfying about a situation in which the man gets his come-uppance and the woman finds happiness! Like another reader, the only character I found particularly grating was Helen. By the way she behaves, I cannot imagine her being remotely attractive to men, because as soon as they realised what a complete selfish pain she is, they'd drop her like a hot brick! The storyline is a bit like a modern-day fairy tale with a good ending. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars a book to put a smile on any girls face, 30 Jan 2002
This review is from: Watermelon (Paperback)
A book that many female will be able to relate to especially those who have suffered a broken heart! Marian Keyes as always makes a sad situation laughable giving the reader the feeling of hope and determination!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I think Watermelon rocks!, 14 Jun 2000
This review is from: Watermelon (Paperback)
I absloutely love Watermelon! Alongside Rachel's Holiday and A Little Princess it is the best book I have ever read. The moment I finished reading it I had to go and buy Lucy Sullivan and now I have all her books!I really can't understand the negative reviews. Although I don't have a child and have never been married and am only 16 etc, I could really empathise with Claire because Marian had portrayed her so well. You really feel like you know her, she is a very believable character. On the US website someone described Claire as being like Ally McBeal, which I totally disagree with, Lucy Sullivan is more like Ally, but I digress. Watermelon is a really good read, and I laughed out loud lots when I was reading it. I think Marian should write about Anna and Margaret and especially Helen, as she is just so funny! Anyway, just wanted to say it was well worth the read (and the continuous readings afterwards!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read in a looong time, 26 Mar 2001
This review is from: Watermelon (Paperback)
Really fun. It was hard to hold the tears back sometimes and sometimes I just had to laugh out loud. I would like to give this book 6 stars out of 5. But I couldn't.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can this author do joined-up thinking?, 23 Jun 2001
This review is from: Watermelon (Paperback)
Actually, I already know the answer to this question. I really enjoyed 'Rachel's Holiday' and so looked forward to reading the rest of Marian Keyes' books, but I was sadly disappointed with this one. The storyline is OK, even the characters will do (even if some of them are pretty one dimensional) but I got do infuriated by the style, I just couldn't go on. You have to search really hard to find a paragraph longer than one sentence, and half of the 'sentences' are so short they make 'The Sun' look like high-level reading material. It is very rare that I fail to finish a novel but I thought this was one of the worst written ever to be published. What were Marian Keyes' editors thinking about? If you appreciate a reasonable standard of English in your reading, don't buy this!

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 | Next ›

Watermelon
Watermelon by Marian Keyes (Paperback - 7 July 2005)