4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Book
Published on 8 May 2008 by K.E.C.

Published 11 months ago by Chryssie

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Book, 8 May 2008
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
My daughter and I enjoyed this book and it is a nice way to approach the subject of what happens after we die. The only thing I didn't like was the reference to where you go if you haven't behaved yourself during your life. This isn't something I'm interested in teaching my daughter but it only takes up a couple of pages and if you don't mind that approach then its a great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven, 24 Oct 2010
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
A great book to share with Primary-aged pupils. I used it in a 'Philosophy for children' session and it promoted an interesting discussion time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for preschoolers in times of loss, 10 Jan 2010
Mrs. A. Wilson-Barnes (Winchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
We lost a beloved cat and a greatgrandmother very close together; this book was a great find to explain things in a caring way to my then 3yr old. Any mention of heaven is going, of course, to need a reference to 'the other place', but the whole subject is dealt with in a pragmatic, humorous and sensitive way with wonderful illustrations. Now age 5 my daughter still requests it as a bedtime story and likes to discuss how those we knew will be getting on in heaven! A perfect book to help you explain things to little people in difficult times of loss; it has given my daughter the language to articulate her feelings.

5.0 out of 5 stars How could it be better, 20 Aug 2010
Mr Smug (Worthing, West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
Funny and moving. Whilst there is no better way to bring up the subject of death with children this book is so much more than a difficult conversation starter. It's a brilliant picture book that you'll love reading to your kids and they will love hearing. Even if it will make adults weep at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and simply wonderful, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
I purchased this book purposely as our dog was almost 16 years old and I knew the "time" was approaching. My 4 year old daughter and I read this for several nights prior to our dog passing away. When the awful time came, she simply stated "has she gone to a cloud with wings then?" which is where Dill the dog is last shown. It made things much easier for me to explain and much easier for her to accept. My only real negative was that Lily soon found a replacement puppy and that has led to the inevitable "can we get a rabbit now?" kids eh?!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
As described......introduction to death of someone close to young children. It is an easy to follow story with lovely simple illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Little Story, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
Would be suitable for any child who had lost a pet and was trying to come to terms with it. Lovely illustrations and written in a humorous way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool for helping grieving younger children with pet loss, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
I chose this book for my 7 year old granddaughter who lost her beloved pet dog when she was 4. Under 5's do not have the ability to understand the permanence of death and aged 6 she began to grieve for Brandy even though she loved Brandy's successor. Heaven is well illustrated but I felt the page about 'down there' with a fire and pitchfork was inappropriate and could complicate her healing process so I covered it over with a blank sheet where she can draw Brandy or herself in the book. I am not sure it clarifies to under 5's that their pet has gone forever as Dill only says ''he will be away a long time'', parents would need to explain as we discovered that they wont 'come back' from Heaven. Having said all this the book is a valuable tool in helping children to talk about their feelings regarding the loss of a much loved pet or when anticipating pet loss.

5.0 out of 5 stars more why, 22 Mar 2013
Neil Morris "jack" (swansea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
Well trying to explain the content of heaven to my 3 year old grandaughter was to say the least challenging she asks why for everything but its writen in such a style that litte ones can if you explain enough start to understand a great book she's got the series now but it'come for my grandson but she still got upset and there was a few tears

5.0 out of 5 stars For children to help with bereavement, 6 April 2011
This review is from: Heaven (Paperback)
I bought this book to read to my pupils as part of an RE lesson on what happens to us when we die, the pupils loved the story it is wrote in a very sensitive way.

ARRAY(0xa45f1be8)

Heaven
Heaven by Nicholas Allan (Paperback - 2 Mar 2006)
5.99