5.0 out of 5 stars great for young readers with an interest in wildlife, 27 Nov 2008
This review is from: Adventure Double: South Sea & Volcano Adventures: "Volcano Adventure", "South Sea Adventure" (Paperback)
I had the entire Willard Price series as a child.
Now I'm a mum with a son who had an avid interest in wildlife and is a good reader. The Willard Price series has provided a brilliant route into fiction for him. Previously he was only really into reading non fiction books but Willard Price blends information with an exciting plot in these books and it's a winning combination!
My son adores them. He's now read most of WP's book and the remainder are on his Christmas list.

They are classic adventure stories and I'd highly recommend them for boys or adventurous girls of 7+ who are reasonably able readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great series, 27 Jun 2014
My 10 year old boy loves this series. He is a keen reader and these have really caught his attention. I would really recommend them as age appropriate and he says they are exciting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book for 8 year old, 3 Jan 2014
My son loved this book and could not get his head out of it. A good buy. He is also reading the other books in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars A present, 29 Oct 2013
Ms. D. Bannister "Di" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
10 year old daughter loves it. Her teacher recommended this book to the class, they have been studying volcanoes. 2 stories in 1, she's really enjoying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 24 Sep 2013
My son loves the Willard Price sequals - it is so nice to see him sitting down and reading and enjoying what he is doing as opposed to playing on the Xbox or watching TV - this really is a must for children. He loves the books and can't wait to read the rest of the them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 July 2013
This was an amazing book, with great description you feel drawn to read more. I am ten years old and normally like Rick Riordan with lots of technology. This book confused me at first, I thought the boys could have done with a mobile phone or ipad! But the adventures were sooo good it added to the excitement that they were not easily contactable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 10 May 2013
I purchased for my son (10) who is an avid book reader. He really enjoys these adventure books (just like I did!). It is great to see these still appeal to children even with the distractions of video games etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good adventure books for kids, 3 Jan 2013
J. Seaton "Jonny S" (Balerno) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 7 year old who is just really getting into reading himself. I read the books about 36 years ago and remember being taken into this world of animals and adventures. My son is now also discovering that (and 2 books in one, bonus!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic storyline - upto date as ever, 26 Aug 2012
Mrs. Elizabeth Poynter "Lib" (Rainham, UK) - See all my reviews
My son read this book and found it in one word "epic". He is just 12 and has found the book exciting and a do not put me down kind of book. I was worried that it might be too old fashioned but no - he has found it interesting and full of facts about animals - heard of the sea bat? We will be getting the rest of the set. The one downside is that the two books here do not follow one another so he has to read one then get a different book before Volcano adventure! Would recommend to all 9-13 yr olds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Willard Price Paper Back, 5 Mar 2012
This is a wonderful book I have bought for my children having read it myself as a child. It holds wonderful memories for me!!