5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What an amazing story!
This book follows the life of three girls and their familes from the age of 13 to 21 during the 1960s, and that in itself is intriguing. The twist is that it is set mainly in Kenya - after the Mao-mao, and just as Kenya gained its independence, which takes it from intriguing to fascinating! The descriptions of Kenya, the wildlife and the countryside are amazing. It...
Published on 19 Jan. 2007 by E. Heckingbottom

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad..... but not wonderful
An enjoyable enough read for the majority of the book, not great literature or particularly earth-shattering, just ok really. The storylines chug along quite well, but flop a bit at the end. An ok book for the beach or a long plane trip.
Published on 31 Dec. 2008 by E. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, 4 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Blood Sisters (Paperback)
My daughter met this author when she sat next to her on a flight back from France. She was so impressed with her and found her fascinating to talk to. I said I had read one of her books but I couldn't find my copy - think I've loaned it out. I bought her a copy for herself and she has read it and loved it. Also bought her To My Daughter in France by same author.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read at last., 21 April 2012
This review is from: Blood Sisters (Paperback)
I really enjoyed reading this book. It has so much interesting facts as well as a really good storyline. Took me a while to get through as you have to digest the story not just race through as I do with some books. Have bought the Langani trilogy now and hope these are as interesting. Deffinate 10 out of 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping story of enduring relationships, happiness and tragedy, 1 Jun. 2010
Fleur "Big H" (West Country UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood Sisters (Paperback)
The enthralling tale of the relationship of three young girls, which lasts throughout their lives, through separation, problems and tragedy. Set in South Africa, then moving to other continents, the story follows the differing experiences of the three girls who have sworn to be 'blood sisters' for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 8 May 2009
Val R (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood Sisters (Paperback)
I really loved this book. It was recommended to me ages ago, I just wish I had read it earlier. Excellent charachters and interesting plot. I have also read the sequel 'A Durable Fire' which is just as good. The descriptions of Kenya take me back to my time there. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 13 Dec. 2013
I have now read the first two books in this series, while some of the content is upsetting and things go a little too wrong for the characters, the books are wonderful, really well written. I love all the characters and love to imagine the Kenya countryside

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting story, 22 April 2009
This review is from: Blood Sisters (Paperback)
Interesting story about 3 girls who grew-up in Kenya in the 1960s a must for anybody who like me who has lived in this wonderful country! You will know of the areas, cafes, life-style that the author talks about.

5.0 out of 5 stars The first book, 23 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Blood Sisters (Paperback)
My partner read this and thoroughly enjoyed it. He knew the places mentioned as he had lived in Nairobi for 22 years. My sister also is now reading it and thoroughly enjoying it, A very interesting book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 14 Aug. 2013
Since I've started this trilogy I haven't been able to ready anything else.

Brings laughter and tears as you get to know the characters. And great pace as you dip in and out of the 3 lives.

4.0 out of 5 stars An enthralling saga, 26 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Blood Sisters (Paperback)
Clearly partly written from experience, this is a compelling (fictional) narrative covering decades in Kenya in the 20th century. In combination with others (like Huxley and Ngugi) it explains a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good book, 19 Feb. 2014
Very interesting background of Africa just after the Moa Moa. It follows the lives of three girls that met at school out there.
Not that well written but a good story.

Blood Sisters
Blood Sisters by Stephanie Keating (Paperback - 3 Aug. 2006)