5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for science types!!, 20 July 2010
This review is from: A Guinea Pig's History of Biology: The Plants and Animals Who Taught Us the Facts of Life (Paperback)
I was given this book as a gift by a student of mine - and it is one of the best books I have read in a long time! It is informative but written in a way that pulls you into the stories of the scientists that worked so hard to get us where we are.

You do not need to be a genetics or science expert to read this, as the author explains in a clear way without patronising those with good knowledge. For me it was so interesting to conceptualise different aspects that I have learnt into how they progressed - and the crossing over of different ideas.

What I personally found most interesting was putting myself into the frame of mind of the early scientists, and what they believed to be true at the time. It really brings home that in science, what is true today, can be disproven and built upon tomorrow!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 4 Jun 2013
Ds Streames "Dominic" (France) - See all my reviews
I have read quite a lot about genetics and its history but even so, this book is wonderful. Very informative becasue it is so detailed. And very well written. Despite the details, it never plods along, which is no mean achievement. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in the role of genes, DNA and the history of sceience.