4.0 out of 5 stars Alternative Laugh!!!
There! He's done it again!! Wilt is back.
It all started for me when I bought "Wilt" by mistake! Since then I got the whole Tom Sharpe collection. I just finished reading this one and I though I would share my thoughts with you.
Published on 9 April 2005 by Ross Gum

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but not quite to Tom Sharpe's usual outstanding standards.
As a sequel I liked the opportunity to re-enter Wilt's outlandish world but I found this story a bit more contrived than the last. Still bloody funny in parts.
Published 7 months ago by Skipper

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Alternative Laugh!!!, 9 April 2005
This review is from: The Wilt Alternative: (Wilt Series 2) (Paperback)
There! He's done it again!! Wilt is back.
Well, as I said, Wilt is back. He is head of Liberal Studies now, with 4 "Eva look-alikes" daughters, and with the same dark thoughts in his mind. Inspector Flint is back as well and he can't believe his luck! As always, misunderstandings are present again and Wilt is performing "alternative" terrorism acts, due to his wife's obsession with anything alternative in life, hence the title. If you have not discovered Tom Sharpe yet, don't waste your time, this is a sure bet and he is going to make you laugh, really!! The Wilt alternative is a perfect sequel to the first book and is highly recommended. Well, that's all from me. I am leaving you now as I have another book waiting for me...."Wilt on high"....

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilt The Great!, 3 Jan 2005
James Harmon "harmonj14" (Shannon, Co Clare) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wilt Alternative: (Wilt Series 2) (Paperback)
When I purchase a Tom Sharpe book I bring it home and read it there. Never on a train, plane or other public transport! Henry Wilt makes me laugh out loud. Not just a giggle, no; a full belly laugh, loud and uproarious. When you see Wilt in the title you know you're in for a damn good read

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, read it, then read it again!, 25 July 2000
This review is from: The Wilt Alternative (Paperback)
This is my favorite one of the Wilt trilogy. Poor Henry has got himself in a pickle again.
He continues to try and lead a normal life, oblivious to the chaos that he is creating, innocently fratenising with terrorists, but ending up looking like the guilty party.
Its witty ans satiric...and lads will never walk home drunk again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still As Funny, 26 July 2014
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
The last time I read this was when I was in my teens, and I borrowed it from my dad, and I must admit that it is still funny all these years later. In today’s world and terrorism this is still quite current, especially when it is exposed at the college Henry Wilt works at, that some of the courses could lead to terrorist ideals. It makes you think about the recruiting going on by terrorist organisations in such places, that we here of. This is the second novel in the Wilt series, and was first published in 1979.

After the escapades in the first novel ‘Wilt’ we find that he has now moved home with his wife and that they have quadruplets (all girls) and he is now Head of Liberal Studies. The wife, Eva Wilt is currently into alternative medicines and self-sufficiency.

As Wilt gets embroiled in an incident at the college, which centres on a video made of simulated sex with a crocodile, at home he is lusting after the lovely female German that Eva has taken in as a lodger. Of course, in Wilt’s world nothing ever runs smoothly and he soon finds himself caught up in international terrorism. If catching his manhood in a rose bush whilst trying to take a leak isn’t enough, then terrorists taking hostages in his house, and the Police and Special Forces encamped around the perimeter is surely more than a person can take.

Follow the Wilt family in this hysterical novel as they prove more than a match for the Police, Special Forces, and most definitely terrorists. Even Inspector Flint who can’t forgive Wilt for their last encounter has to doff his hat this time in admiration. This is very funny and quite well observed and is still a joy to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Find humor when you least expect it, 4 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Wilt Alternative (Paperback)
I have found a very deep, and profoud humor in this book about a absolutely not average British man, who manages to turn everyday actions into major disasters, helped by his human tornado of a wife . When the real disasters come around, you find yourself beliving in this little odd man, and his truely strange behavior. I spend hours laughing in the comny of mr. Wilt and his family

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wilt Alternative. - Tom Sharpe, 20 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Wilt Alternative: (Wilt Series 2) (Paperback)
I rate this as the BEST of all the Tom Sharpe books. Not always 'politically' correct and some swearing - but very funny. I guess that I will be re-reading this at least once every year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!!!!!, 13 July 2014
I would highly recommend this book to all Tom Sharpe lovers. Wonderfully witty and funny!!!! Looking forward to the next one in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 15 Jun 2014
Hilarious as usual. Such a shame he won't write any more books. There are other authors who claim to write 'in the style of Tom Sharpe' but none can match him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel to a great book, 19 May 2014
J. Morgan "KingsLF" (England) - See all my reviews
I love this book! It is perfectly written and the story is excellent. I don't want to talk about the storyline as with other reviewers they give too much away. But all's to say, Wilt and Eva rent their spare room out to a young woman who enrols on a course at Wilt's college. All isn't what it seems with this woman as Wilt is about to find out when Inspector Flint has the misfortune of meeting up with him again.

A thoroughly enjoyable read from end to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 23 April 2014
A. Hudson "ade0123" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wilt Alternative: (Wilt Series 2) (Paperback)
More laugh out loud farce! Arrived on time, although Amazon need to improve on bundled deliveries, so long as estimated lead times are accurate at the point of order i'd be willing to wait a little longer it if meant less van journeys! eoeffijwaeofjaewj

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Wilt Alternative: (Wilt Series 2)
The Wilt Alternative: (Wilt Series 2) by Tom Sharpe (Paperback - 1 April 2004)
6.39