4.0 out of 5 stars Outrageous, quite a bit vulgar, clever and very funny.
Published on 29 Nov 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best
Sharpe's excoriating wit and vulgar humour is still very much to the fore in this latest episode of Wilt's life. Still at the tech and even more weary of teaching Lord of the Flies to Cakes 3, Wilt becomes embroiled with women's rights, heroin addicts, and shenanigins at the local US airbase. Usually I find myself laughing out loud at Sharpe's books, but this only raised...
Published on 16 Dec 2009 by Mrs. K. A. Wheatley

4.0 out of 5 stars Outrageous, quite a bit vulgar, clever and very funny., 29 Nov 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Wilt on High (Hardcover)
This book has been my first contact with Sharpe. Not my last. I find "Wilt on High" extremely funny, well written, cleverly put together, with just a dash (maybe more than a dash) of healthy vulgarity and it shows also that Mr Sharpe has an incredibly piercing eye to see, analyze and render the foibles of a great variety of human specimens such as feminists, police inspectors, teachers, American military men, quacks, overintelligent brats, etc. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars RIP Tom..!!, 11 July 2014
F. Devlin "Uachtarain" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wilt on High (Hardcover)
Tom Sharpe RIP...!!

5.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud funny, 2 May 2014
This book is extremely funny and would recommend purchase. If your easily offended though don't read. I however really enjoyed this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilt is never too high, 23 April 2014
Tom Sharpe carries on with unremitting purpose in this, the third, of the Wilt stories. Wilt is still in the same 'job' but he has grown in confidence and knows that teaching Cake 3 is a futile pursuit. But a certain police officer has never forgiven Wilt for what he sees as a failure to gain promotion. Maybe a whiff of drugs might do the trick? Read this and embarrass yourself by laughing out loud on the train.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 23 April 2014
A. Hudson "ade0123" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wilt On High: (Wilt Series 3) (Paperback)
More laugh out loud farce! Arrived on time, although Amazon need to improve on bundled deliveries, so long as estimated lead times are accurate at the point of order i'd be willing to wait a little longer it if meant less van journeys!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wilt is the Best yet, 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: Wilt On High: (Wilt Series 3) (Paperback)
I bought this book for a friends' birthday. He loves it and has since got more in the Wilt series

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 27 Aug 2013
I have read the Wilt books over the years. I had not read a Wilt book in a long time and found this on my Kindle. An absolute delight to read with his usual humour I could not stop smiling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 7 May 2013
B. Searle (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wilt On High: (Wilt Series 3) (Paperback)
Although I haven't finished reading it yet, so far I have found the book great, light reading and amusing. The book was in very good condition (not quite like new) and was delivered very quickly. Have read most of Tom Sharpe's books and have found them all good reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Un-put-downable, 31 Dec 2012
I've loved the Wilt books for years, starting from the age of 16 in 2002 when studying modern literature for English GCSE, when my teacher recommended the first book to me specifically, knowing my sense of humour. Wilt On High, like the others, doesn't disappoint. The insane situations that poor Wilt manages to wind up are ludicrous, but plausible, and the character himself, you can't help but sympathise with and admire for his ways of making an undesirable situation as interesting for himself as possible. My only complaint would be that the formula hasn't changed much from previous books, but it's a small niggle, which didn't detract from my enjoyment of the whole book. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants a good laugh from a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Nov 2012
I downloaded this book on a recommendation from two people at work for my holidays. What a brilliant, well written book. It was hilarious and had me chuckling on the beach. I will be downloading more of the series.

Wilt On High: (Wilt Series 3)
Wilt On High: (Wilt Series 3) by Tom Sharpe (Paperback - 1 April 2004)
6.29