5.0 out of 5 stars If you read `SOMETHING BORROWED' this is an absolute must...
Published on 9 Feb 2006 by DevJohn01

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable but a good read nevertheless
i have to say that i didn't think that the book would be that good when i bought it but was pleasantly surprised. i never had the pleasure of reading the first book something borrowed but loved this one even though.
Published on 5 Jan 2006 by Ms. E. Blankson

5.0 out of 5 stars If you read `SOMETHING BORROWED' this is an absolute must..., 9 Feb 2006
DevJohn01 (Somerset, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
...And if you didn't run out and purchase both of these amazing books!! I thoroughly enjoyed Emily Giffin's debut novel `SOMEHTING BORROWED' where Rachel, who always played second fiddle to her beautiful, outgoing (self-centered & narcissistic) best friend Darcy Rhone, happened to find the love of her life in Darcy's fiancé. Giffin took this taboo subject and put a witty and engrossing spin on it without making light of the situation. However, I only gave that book four stars because of what I felt were loose ends. I wanted to know what happened to Darcy after she found out about her best-friend and fiancés betrayal as well as how the secondary characters reacted to the news. Well, I had no idea that Giffin intended to do one better than just tying up a few loose ends with an extra chapter or two at the end of `SOMETHING BORROWED'. Instead she gave fans of the first book this gem of a novel that picked up perfectly where the other left off.
`SOMETHING BLUE' begins right after Darcy discovers Rachel and Dex's affair and although she too has had an affair and now finds herself pregnant as a result, she is determined to make the lives of everyone who she feels had wronged her miserable. As one of the other reviewers stated Giffin does not change the character of Darcy a bit, she is still as self-centered and narcissistic as ever, however, now she has another life to worry about, yet cant seem to quite get that through her head. But when she decides to move to London with long time friend Ethan she is forced to take a closer look at the person she is and determine what kind of person and mother she wants to become.
Giffin really outdid herself with `SOMETHING BLUE', which stands to make `SOMTHIGN BORROWED' even better. I highly recommend buying both of these wonderful books together and reading them back-to-back, you will not be disappointed! A great second novel by a very talented and creative new author!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read!, 2 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
I was given this book as a present and expected it to be another 'chick lit' novel, but it is far more interesting than that! The characters are believable and as the book continued I found myself routing for the best outcome for Darcy. I liked it so much, I have started to read this author's first novel, 'Something Borrowed' which concentrates on the Rachel and Dex relationship.
The only negative would be the final couple of chapters which start to become a little predcitable, but otherwise it was a book I couldn't put down and read in a couple of days.

5.0 out of 5 stars even better, 10 Jun 2009
Thinker (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
I think this is even better than the first book called something borrowed and i loved that one too! I would not have imagined i would like a book about this character more but it was very well written and seemed to pace well. I found it a page turner and very heartwarming.
About a girl who is down on her luck, only herself to blame and learning a few lessons. Cleverly written.

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable but a good read nevertheless, 5 Jan 2006
Ms. E. Blankson "emma_vampire" (london) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
Darcy who at first seems utterly horrible takes a change for the better and it is funny at first to see such an extreme change in her until it kinda mellows out. i have to say that the book is utterly predictable and upon reading the back of it i already knew what was going to happen. nevertheless i did enjoy every bit of it and it only took a day to read.
i would reccommend it to anyone who wants to read a romantic predictable novel that is funny, sad and beautiful to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you saw the movie, read this next!, 3 Jun 2011
This review is from: SOMETHING BLUE (Kindle Edition)
I read this book after watching the movie "Something Borrowed".

The book picks up where the movie finishes and comes from Darcy's point of view. I found it very interesting and worth reading. I sped through the book and read it within a few days.

Although it was slightly predictable I still enjoyed reading it.

Recommended to anyone who watched and enjoyed the movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, easy read and follow up from 'Something Borrowed', 3 Jun 2014
This review is from: SOMETHING BLUE (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable,easy read! To begin with seems to repeat much of what happened in 'Something Borrowed' but from Darcy's perspective. Wasn't too hopeful at this point but got better and found myself liking Darcy! Overall a good read:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a surprise!, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: SOMETHING BLUE (Kindle Edition)
I first read Something Borrowed years ago and remember thinking how much I liked the book, although I found Rachel's character a bit of a pushover and Darcy as a selfish cow. I recently re-read SB and I found myself still enjoying the book, but more curious about Something Blue. I had never actually been able to finish the book. Reading it now, in my 30s, I now have much more appreciation for Something Blue, even thinking it surpasses Something Borrowed. First of all, as much as you want to hate Darcy's character, she is so much more typical and likeable than Rachel's good girl, always do the right thing, moaning and feeling scared character. Darcy is a go getter. She may be conceited and selfish, but she also has traits that we all share - insecurity and fear. You get to really understand her character in this book and I really fell in love with her. Her choices weren't always great, but she is tough and the changes she experiences are realistic in that the person we are in our 20s is not necessarily who we become in our 30s or 40s. Having lived in London made me love the book even more! I can't recommend it enough. :).

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!! great sequel to something borrowed, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: SOMETHING BLUE (Kindle Edition)
Great to see Rachel's side of the story! A definite recommended read. Hope they make this into a film too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: SOMETHING BLUE (Kindle Edition)
Great book thought it was even better than the first one.. Definitely worth a read esp if u liked something borrowed

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 19 Jan 2014
Kevin Griggs - See all my reviews
This review is from: Something Blue (Paperback)
great Christmas gift arrived well packaged and secure. was received on time and was thought to be a great gift will look at this again for gift ideas next year

Something Blue
Something Blue by Emily Giffin (Paperback - 20 Oct 2005)
5.59