Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 30 November 2013
This extraordinary book begs for multiple readings. As my first experience of Murakami I am not disappointed. I came away confused and moved, and went straight back to page 1!
on 20 February 2014
I simply love this book! I haven't quite finished it and will be very sad when it ends. I will certainly back for more works by this author. Unlike anything I've read before.
on 25 June 2013
I didnt know if I liked this story or not... it's a strange tale. The characters are memorable but I found it hard to keep track of the story. You may love it though.
on 18 September 2013
Excellent, enthralling and enticing. Another masterpiece by MURAKAMI. I'd also suggest 1Q84. Both Kafta on the shore and 1Q84 keep you guessing until the end.
on 5 January 2012
Really enjoyed this book. Unusual, interesting and well written. A recommended read. This was the first of Murakami books I ave read and now I am addicted.
on 12 August 2013
The weirdness of the story is part of the attraction - after three other of his books i begin to realise that this is part of this author's attraction
on 5 September 2014
A real page turner. Murakami's style of writing will have you forget about everything that is going on around you. You will be absorbed by the book.
on 8 December 2005
As previous reviews have mentioned, you cannot avoid the slightly uncomfortable feeling that too many aspects of the story do not combine. Some chapters or plot lines have a great deal of attention paid and yet contribute little to the overall sentiment.
However, In my opinion it was supposed to be left open. And by doing so the book kept me absolutely hooked. All too often in modern literature we are spoon fed the plot leaving little room for the imagination to interfere with the authors grand ambition.
I spent some time after finishing the book reflecting upon it and will definately be reading more by Murakami. What higher praise can I give than that?
on 1 August 2014
Strange, slow, seductive and surreal, and yet I couldn't put it down. Like all of Mjrakami's books, I cannot explain why I like the, I just do.
on 12 December 2015
What an outstanding book! I adore Murakami and this book is my favourite one of his. What a wonderful read. One of my all time favourites.