5.0 out of 5 stars Traction Man
Published on 8 Sep 2006 by K. Clayden

3.0 out of 5 stars Good service but the book is very small
Not very impressed by the book. Very thin. Maybe a bit pricey for what you get. Good service though as the item arrived promptly.
Published 7 months ago by Mariano Scotti

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Traction Man, 8 Sep 2006
This review is from: Traction Man Is Here (Paperback)
One of the funniest books I have ever had the privilege of reading to my grandsons (6, 5 and 2). We laughed so much that at one point I was unable to continue reading, with tears running down my face, unable to speak and 3 little boys laughing loudly, this book is a MUST for any child who has ever owned an Action Man. Grown ups will love it too - we can always do with a good laugh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hero Worship, 19 April 2006
This review is from: Traction Man Is Here (Paperback)
When I first read this book to my 4 year old son, he went very quiet and still - a sign of a sure winner. Fantastic story line with an action man type hero who does all the things my son does in his imaginative play, with different outfits on. Particularly love the knitted outfit and even my son was taken by the knitted pants! Great detail in the illustrations with lots to look at. This is a book that he looks at over and over agian.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is BRILLIANT!, 19 July 2006
ELH Browning "Esther-Lou" (Kingston Bagpuize, Oxon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Traction Man Is Here (Paperback)
If my children didn't enjoy it so much I'd think that actually this book is really for the grown-up who's reading to them. The action man character is just so funny, having boy-sized adventures fighting the evil pillow monster on one page, diving into the washing up bowl for an underwater adventure on the next. It is in these foamy waters that he meets his side-kick, Scrubbbing Brush. At Christmas Traction Man is such a member of the family he gets a present from Granny which is an hand-knitted green romper suit and matching bonnet - this is hysterically funny to me and my little listeners but traction man is not impressed. Fortunately it all comes right at the end ready for Traction Man's next perilous adventure. A marvellous story, perfect for 4+. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A funny, enjoyable read., 7 Feb 2009
This review is from: Traction Man Is Here (Paperback)
This book is hilarious and great fun as an adult to read to your kids. Mini Grey puts her action figure into grave danger when he meets a poisonous dishcloth, the wicked professor spade and the mysterious toes...then Granny gives him an all-in-one knitted green romper suit and matching bonnet which is a perfect fit: 'Oh! How lovely'..... How will Traction Man save the cupcake from the clutches of Dr. Sock? How will he ever be taken seriously again? Find out in this witty take on heroic deeds bedded in a domestic setting. Amazingly still very popular with my two boys who are now 7 and 10 because of the wit of the text and pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Action Man boys must have!, 22 Oct 2007
Kate Walker "Gorgeous Kate" (Oblivion) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traction Man is Here (Hardcover)
We borrowed this from the library and renewed it again and again and eventually bought it on-line as it was such a favourite. Its appeal crosses generations who have lived with Action Man and his effect on small boys! The pictures are fabulous and it really is the funniest childrens book I have ever read. I have since read other Mini Grey books and none of them come close to this. The idea that Granny knits action man a wooly romper suit is a classic - my son has now asked his grandma to knit his action man a romper suit with matching bonnet. Oh and every time he sees a small head scarf he gets very excited and asks mummy to buy him a "sweaty bandana" !

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, must read, 7 Feb 2009
F. Skears (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traction Man Is Here (Paperback)
Traction Man is here is a fantastic story, wonderfully written, very funny and has great illustrations, everything you need. I really enjoyed reading this book and my little boy loves it, it really is so much fun, very highly recommended. Also recommend the other books by Mini Grey, particularly Biscuit Bear.

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarious, 25 Jun 2010
This review is from: Traction Man Is Here (Paperback)
Brilliant text and illustrations - appeals to action/adventure/super-hero fixated small boys, with an eye to everyday family life which will amuse the adults and the kids too. I'm off to buy everything else by Mini Grey...

5.0 out of 5 stars Traction Man is Here to Entertain., 6 Feb 2010
P. Harpham (Corsham, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traction Man Is Here (Paperback)
I have read most of Mini Grey's books to my children and we have enjoyed all of them. This is a great addition to her collection. I bought this for my 3 year old son's birthday and he has really got a lot from the story. The illustrations are really involved so there is more to see with every reading. My 3 year old says it is fun and my 6 year old says it is great, I can think of no higher recommendation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite book!!, 15 Dec 2009
J. Voce - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traction Man Is Here (Paperback)
Borrowed this book from our local library, and bought it from Amazon soon after. When we first read it, I wasn't sure my 5 year old daughter would get the very dry sense of humour, but she loved it and it quickly became her favourite book.

Written in a 'live' narrative style it tells the story of an average day of adventures that are "all in a day's work for traction man". It reminds me of cheesy 50's /60's comic books and tv shows ("Oh no, what's that in the distance - take that you fiend" etc. etc.)The CD is equally good, having a story version with extra sound effects and music, and a simple read along version.

We get through a lot of books from the library, and I can honestly say this is the best children's book I have read - sometimes bedtime books can be a bit tedious but I would be happy to read this night after night! Very funny - I recommend this to anybody who has a sense of humour!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Traction Man is Here, 26 Sep 2009
This review is from: Traction Man Is Here (Paperback)
An action hero that really appeals to boys. My boy heavy Year 3 class just loved this story. Illustrations are great too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Traction Man Is Here
Traction Man Is Here by Mini Grey (Paperback - 6 April 2006)
5.24