5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me!
I used the hip and thigh diet several years ago and lost 4 inches from my hips and 2 inches off each thigh in 10 weeks. I didn't go hungry as you can eat unlimited quantities of certain foods, unlike weight watchers which focusses on portion control. I am about to start the diet again to lose excess pregnancy weight. The results are worth it.
Published on 7 Nov 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived in good time
Arrived in good time, well packaged, print was smaller than expected,for anyone like myself with reading sight problems some areas are a bit difficult to read.
Published 5 months ago by pegleg

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me!, 7 Nov 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars The Original and the Best!, 24 Mar 2001
By A Customer
This book is based on Rosemary Conley's first Diet Plan and, in my option, it's one of the best. The book includes inspirational stories from other dieters who have lost weight using this diet. The diet is easily adaptable and has lots of different recipes to chose from including vegetarian and packed lunch recipes. You can eat a lot of potatoes, rice and pasta which makes you feel full and not like you're 'dieting'.
There is a chapter on stopping Bingeing which is really helpful and a REALLY helpful chapter at the back of the book with fat tables. No more avocados for me! Unlike Weightwatchers and Slimming world where you have to pay... to do their diet at home you can do this one at home for the price of this book. Well worth the money! And you'll see the results as the inches and pounds disappear!

4.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC diet, shame about the presentation, 6 Feb 2006
Mrs. C. Cadogan (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Hip And Thigh Diet (Paperback)
There is no doubt that this diet works - it's delicious, extremely easy and makes complete sense. None of this working out what's high or low in GI, or worryign about mixing different types of foods, or any of the usual diet rubbish! It's simple, easy, yummy, and I've lost loads of weight. My (very overweight) brother's doctor recommended it as the only diet she knew that really worked! So undoubtedly worth buying.
BUT I wish they'd reprint and reorganise the useful bits in this book. The first few chapters are filled with quotes from Mrs E of Herts - "I lost lots of weight - thanks Rosemary" which is tedious. But most annoying is the lack of index. The recipes are fabulous once you've found them, but finding your way around the book is seriously difficult. I've ended up putting PostIt notes to index the various sections.
It's well worth buying anyway and worth putting up with the annoyance, but be warned that the book is far harder to get to grips with than the diet itself!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a diet/lifestyle that really works, 23 Oct 1998
By A Customer
I lost 21pounds in four months. I was never hungry and never felt deprived. Six months after reaching my target I am still maintaining my weight loss. This diet does work, BUT you have to follow it meticulously. There is no cheating. The recipes are easy to follow and familar, it is the method of cooking (cutting out fat) and the label reading (less than 4g per 100) that makes it work. Also you HAVE to do the exercise to really make a difference. It has cost me a fortune in new clothes!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the easiest diet ever, 22 April 2005
By A Customer
If you cant follow this one then no kind of "diet" will probably be for us. You get the chance to feel full (not hungry at all) and lose weight. With my giant appetite I lost over 20lbs in 8 weeks. I think people just dont believe in dieting anymore but in permanent change of eating habits which I am sure is better for you in the long run. This little book is so handy I will make sure I am never without a copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to prepare, tasty meals., 15 July 2001
By A Customer
I lost 10 kg's and had desert every evening. You don't feel as though you are on a diet, and the whole family can eat the same meals, and not even know!

5.0 out of 5 stars An oldie but a goodie, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: Complete Hip And Thigh Diet (Paperback)
This one helped me lose 5 stone many years ago, and the weight has stayed off, my eating and cooking habits were effectively retrained. And what was most important of all at the time was that all of the recipes are affordable to cook and the whole family will enjoy them. When you're on benefits and have a family, there's no way you can afford a) to cook 90% of the recipes you get in most diet books (oh yes, let's just spend a third of the household food budget on one piece of fish for one meal for one person, etc) or b) to cook two different meals every time, one for the dieter and one for everyone else who doesn't fancy your rabbit food. You don't have to be a masterchef to cook them either, and there's something for every occasion, from packed lunches to cooked lunches to "can't be arsed" dinners and tasty treats.

As a result of the sheer effectiveness, simplicity and affordability of this diet, I've returned to it occasionally just for a couple of weeks or so, when Christmas or a holiday in France has added a few extra pounds to my waist, just to keep myself in the "green zone" of the BMI chart. But to be honest I've hardly needed to because like I say, maintaining the healthy weight I got to with the help of Rosemary (both this book and her workout DVD's which are perfect for someone who just wants to burn calories and get fitter and doesn't want to struggle through complicated dance moves made for much more er, coordinated people!).

There is a very long bit, probably almost half the book, which just goes on and on and on and on and on about how great it is and you know, testimonials and all that -- I suppose that's to help people stay motivated and give them confidence. There's no need to read it *all* though, unless you really want/need to... :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Helping me a lot in my quest to lose weight ..., 6 Aug 2014
Mr. J. D. Shaw (Forfar, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Hip And Thigh Diet (Paperback)
Helping me a lot in my quest to lose weight. I have taken off 16 Kilos in the last 10 months.still a further 10 kilos to go and it will help me to get there.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does work, 1 Aug 2009
I. Browne - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Hip And Thigh Diet (Paperback)
This book worked for me years ago and it is working for me again now.

5.0 out of 5 stars COMPLETE HIP AND THIGH DIET, 15 May 2014
This review is from: Complete Hip And Thigh Diet (Paperback)
THIS BOOK, TOGETHER WITH THE COOKERY BOOK, ALSO PURHASED FROM YOU HAS BEEN A VERY HELPFUL TOOL IN LOSING WEIGHT

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Complete Hip And Thigh Diet
Complete Hip And Thigh Diet by Rosemary Conley (Paperback - 3 Jan 2002)
7.19