on 20 November 2009
Got it about a month ago. Our 4year old and 2 year old daughters really enjoy reading this book. Some rhymes they know by heart already. Great style of pictures, would recommend.
on 24 April 2009
This superb book has fantastic illustrations and is very informative. It's really funny and makes you want to read it twice in a row. It is good for children who want to learn their ABC. It is easy to read but very interesting. It even includes anilmals that are extinct.
on 29 October 2012
Quentin Blake has the gift of delighting young and old alike! If you are young, or were once young but have still kept that young-at-heart feeling in spite of the passing years, then you will surely enjoy Quentin Blake's lively illustrations. They spring to life on the page, without the aid of any kind of digital technology.My personal favourites are K, L and X. I have bought the book for my 4-year-old grandson, but am reluctant to part with it. Perhaps I shall buy another copy from Amazon for myself....
on 9 March 2011
This is a nice book to read to toddlers, however, I wanted a supersize book and although the information said it was, it was a normal size. shame
on 29 December 2012
I love anything by Quentin Blake and look forward to sharing it with my reception class. It is large enough to share with a class
on 26 August 2013
Illustration just great, as you would imagine from Quentin Blake. Kids loved it which is a bonus as it's also very educational.
on 3 March 2013
we have bought several of his books and they are all great, well written and superbly illustrated. My daugher really likes them
on 20 October 2014
Lovely illustrations yet again.
on 7 January 2015
Love this book!
on 16 March 2014
I was a bit disappointed with this book. It is a bit large and the sketches are too complex for very young children. Also the one received is ex-library with all of the labels and stamp makes inside, though it doesn't indicate that it was ever loaned. It is clean and undamaged.