5.0 out of 5 stars Magical

Published on 4 Feb. 2011 by JamesJohnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 24 Aug. 2009
S. McNeice - See all my reviews
This review is from: Castles (Paperback)
Stumbled across this fantastic book whilst undertaking a task prior to commencing a teacher-training course. I borrowed it from the library, but have had to buy my own copy. It is fabulous! I am still trying to find the royal families on each page. I can't wait to take it into a classroom and share it will hoardes of children. My only regret is that both my own children, although impressed with this book, were too old (15 and 18) to show that awe and wonder that is particular to younger children when confronted with something as fantastical as this book. All little princes and princesses should have a copy of this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 4 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Castles (Paperback)
I was actually a bit disappointed with this book. It is large illustrations of fantasy castles, along with short text descriptions. Its main failing is that the illustrations aren't that brilliant - they're not bad, but there is something a bit amateurish about them - you can see they have been created (or modified) in Photoshop. I have seen other illustrations by the same author that are pen and ink/watercolor and they are much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars "This book is fantastic, Miss", 26 Feb. 2010
Mrs. Janice Clare Womphrey "Womphas" (Newcastle, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Castles (Paperback)
I bought this book to use with my Year 4 class of children during the Literacy unit 'Stories set in Imaginary Worlds'. It was a huge success! THe illustrations are so thought provoking that the quality of the children's writing was excellent. A good way to engage those reluctant readers and writers too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing images, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Castles (Paperback)
Amazing images that i loved. Imaginative and bold. My vlass were really inspired by the castles in literacy and art.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Colin Thompson books, shame this one was a bit spoilt., 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Castles (Paperback)
I knew this was second hand but my son was a bit upset there were some scribbles on a couple pages.

Castles
Castles by Colin Thompson (Paperback - 2 Nov. 2006)