5.0 out of 5 stars enchanting, 7 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Mr Rabbit And The Lovely Present (Red Fox Classics) (Paperback)
I revisited this book several years later after its whimsical illustrations had imprinted themselves in my mind as a child. It is worthwhile for the pictures alone, incredibly magical and almost entrancing. The story though simple on the surface is rather provoking and compelling in some sort of intangible and mystical way. I cannot put into words the feelings it evokes,any little boy or girl will surely never forget this enduring piece of magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best children's books you will ever find, 22 Nov. 2004
By A Customer
This was one of my favourite childhood books; I turn to it now when I need a reminder, in our chaotic world, of how the simple things in life can be the most precious. Simply beautiful story, with illustrations to match. Would make a perfect and special birthday present for jaded adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful story with a light touch, 3 April 2001
By A Customer
The story of a little girl seeking advice from a rabbit on buying a present. With slightly contrary logic, the rabbit steers her to sensible suggestions starting with ideas that don't make sense (Green! I can't give her Green!, no, no, something green). The dialogue is perfect, with a witty pace but not too silly. I love reading this aloud, and the children revel in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple yet magical book., 28 Nov. 2001
By A Customer
I read this book (and had it read to me) as a child and I never forgot it...The illustrations by Maurice Sendak are, as usual for him, beautifully crafted and will be very appealing to any child (or adult). The story is simply about a little girl who can't decide what to get her Mother for a present and Mr Rabbit suggests presents which are based on different colours. Each colour is discussed and the reader is encouraged to think about colours and their importance in the world.
I shall definitely be buying this book for my 2 daughters, and it will hopefully mean a lot to them too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to buy this book yet again!, 22 April 2013
My children loved this story two and a half decades ago. I am still buying it as a children's gift whenever I find a child who does not know the book - and it never disappoints. A classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holly Kingham, 13 Jun. 2007
This books was read to me as a child and at 27 years old it is still with me - though I could never remember the name or find the book. My mother emptied her loft recently and found my much loved, old copy. I've been re-reading it to my 3 year old daughter who loves it also and asks for it daily. The illustrations are stunning and the story is heartwarming - a must for any parents with young children or any adults wanting to re-live memories :)

5.0 out of 5 stars rabbit, 6 Jan. 2013
A book enjoyed in the past, and searched for unsuccessfully over the years. Now at last I have my own copy.

Mr Rabbit And The Lovely Present (Red Fox Classics)
Mr Rabbit And The Lovely Present (Red Fox Classics) by Charlotte Zolotow (Paperback - 3 Jan. 2002)