5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant deviation from the norm.
Published on 13 Nov 2006 by ELH Browning

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype...
This book is too dark (the egg comes across as, well, suicidal) and once again, its kids books for grown ups.
Published on 20 Feb 2009 by A. Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant deviation from the norm., 13 Nov 2006
ELH Browning "Esther-Lou" (Kingston Bagpuize, Oxon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Egg Drop (Paperback)
It's hard to describe `Egg drop' and make it sound good enough to match up to humorous quirky story that it is. Without question, the story-line stands out from the crowd, which is great in a market packed full of sweet farm animal books. Eager to fly and unable to wait to hatch and grow through the chick and chicken stages, an egg climbs a tower and jumps off. And of course it didn't fly and, like Humpty Dumpty, it couldn't be put back together again. This seems an odd children's story, with a lesson about waiting. However, teamed as it is with funky bold pictures and a kind-of happy ending with a smiling fried egg on a plate, it works well and my 4 and 6 year olds think it's terribly funny. And I think it's fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars An egg with ambition, a story with a twist, 10 Jun 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Egg Drop (Hardcover)
This book is beautifully illustrated with lots of detail for children to spot right from the inside cover. The story is about an egg with aspirations and how it fulfills its dream. My children loved the story and pictures and found plenty to talk, and laugh about, on each page. The pictures and other little asides make it fun for adults too. We will definitely be buying more copies as presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Egg Drop, 14 Sep 2008
Mr. M. J. Ball "Mr Z" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Egg Drop (Paperback)
My 3 children and I love this book. We borrowed it from the library, renewed it as many times as we could, then had to buy it. I kept finding my 7 year old son, who has to be coaxed into reading his school book every night, avidly reading it by himself in his room. There is plenty of humour in it and an amusing ending. They still laugh every time we read it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Humorous, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Egg Drop (Paperback)
A lovely children's book. We spent ages looking at the pictures which have been done well. I think the ending went over my childs head a little bit, but me and daddy had a little laugh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Soo funny!, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Egg Drop (Paperback)
Love this book as do the children I have read it too. It certainly puts a smile back on their faces when they come to me upset! Great story & pictures.

4.0 out of 5 stars Egg Drop, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Egg Drop (Paperback)
Bought book as follow up to course I attended. My class loved the illustrations and content of story gave pupils lots to discuss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Egg Drop, 8 May 2011
This review is from: Egg Drop (Hardcover)
This is one of the best books I ever purchased for my children. They still love it now, even though they are 11 and 8 years old.

The illustrations and details are second to none. It is educational with its references to principles of flight, but overall it teaches children irony!

The Dish and the Spoon was another favourite!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun at bedtime, 31 Dec 2006
C. Sweeney "Hampshire Hog" (Winchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Egg Drop (Paperback)
I had my doubts about this book with it's mention of aerodynamics and bernoulli's principle, but on the basis of the reviews above, I gave it a go one bedtime. My 4 year old absolutely loves it and so do I! The story itself is quirky and prods the little imagination into action. On each page there are things to look at and describe - the egg in a parachute, with wings, as a helicopter etc etc, and even climbing up the stairs of the tower has him counting up the numbers along with me. The best bit (for him) is going through the ways the egg was mended. Plasters, string, TOMATO SOUP!!!???

We both love it and I always hope it's the one he picks out at bedtime (it usually is).

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype..., 20 Feb 2009
A. Wright (UK) - See all my reviews

Egg Drop
Egg Drop by Mini Grey (Paperback - 3 April 2003)
5.24