5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
His stories are immediately engaging, dark and always funny. I was often laughing on the Tube while reading this thus causing alarm to my fellow passengers, especially when they read the title of the book.
Try to imagine Dan Rhodes' 'Anthropology' fleshed with a twist of Brass Eye and you'd be close, but not quite there. The originality of thought is refreshing...
Published on 10 Jan 2004 by D. EARL-GRAY

1.0 out of 5 stars Atrocious
Published on 12 April 2005

1.0 out of 5 stars Atrocious, 12 April 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Suicide Kit (Paperback)
I rarely bother writing reviews on here, but I just felt it had to be said that this is quite possibly the worst book I've ever read. If you're looking for something 'surreal' and darkly comic, look elsewhere, this is just ameteurish and bland, displaying no originality whatsoever, simply making pitiful attempts to shock that don't come off. It's a wonder how this was ever published.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Jan 2004
D. EARL-GRAY "Dan EG" (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Suicide Kit (Paperback)
Not for the easily offended though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 4 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: The Suicide Kit (Paperback)
I loved these stories, short, sharp and to the point. I lent it to a friend and she loves them so now I can't get the book back. My favourite was Orson Beadle, a travelling salesman who goes into a pub full of drunks and sells them - no, I won't say, read it for yourself! And Doctor Octor - that is a scream. More please!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 6 May 2004
Kevin J. Boyle "ciall013" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Suicide Kit (Paperback)
This is the worst book I've read in a very long time. It read like a collection of short stories written by secondary schoolchildren. Described as funny, the only part that raised even a smile was the relief of finishing it and moving on to something better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense, to say the least..., 28 Feb 2004
This review is from: The Suicide Kit (Paperback)
Very dark, but very very funny. In this book we meet a man who is so afraid of stopping loving his wife that he casts a spell on himself, resulting in accidental necrophilia. There's the couple who meet the giant cockroach. There's typing at gunpoint. And of course what book would be complete without a good old fashioned midget beating?
Don't miss this. Great stuff.

The Suicide Kit
The Suicide Kit by David L. Hayles (Paperback - 6 Nov 2003)
Used & New from: 0.01