5.0 out of 5 stars VOYAGER BRINGS IT ON HOME!!!
The third in a series of exceptionally well written time travel, adventure/romance books by the author, it tells a gripping and highly entertaining tale. There are five such novels published to date in what is hoped to be a series of six books. I urge the interested reader to start at the beginning and read each and every one. Do not be daunted by the length. Trust me...
Published on 17 Nov. 2002 by Lawyeraau

3.0 out of 5 stars Engaging but flawed
I really enjoyed the first part of this book. It had everything I wanted upon finishing Dragonfly in Amber - pain, angst and heartache, all leaving you brimming with excitement at the prospect of Claire and Jamie’s reunion.

Yet after the reunion, the whole thing falls flat. There’s a lot of focus on a lackluster plot and weird, unlikely situations...
Published 7 months ago by Alexandra

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It, 12 Nov. 2014
I love the Outlander series and have read them so many times, except the last one - No 8 which I have purchased ready to read when I have finished reading 1-7 for the umpteenth time. When a new book comes out, I go back and start at No 1 again as there is just so much to take in that it's good to refresh the story in your mind before continuing with a new episode in the saga. I will not go into great detail as some reviewers have, as I believe that you will either love or hate these books. If you like a good saga with a lot of twists and turns, and enjoy a bit of history (starting in the 1700's) then you should enjoy. Part of the story is also set in modern times as the story surrounding the main character starts off in Inverness at the end of WW2. Claire and her husband are on holiday to rekindle their marriage after being apart during the war years. One day, she visits the nearby standing stones alone and falls through them into the 1700's…and begins a new life. The books are BIG - most between 700-900+ pages and small print, so if you don't like long books, these are not for you. I find the books quite heavy for carrying around maybe when going on holiday or for reading in bed, so I treated myself to the whole series for my Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Second best in the series to date!, 2 Feb. 1999
This review is from: Voyager: (Outlander 3) (Paperback)
For twenty years Claire had thought Jamie died at Culloden. But did he??? In this book, third in the series, join Claire as she searches to learn the true fate of the man she loves more than life itself. Can she leave her daughter to return to the girl's father? Can she travel through the stones another time? This book is full of the adventure and romance that Gabaldon's fans have come to take for granted in her books. Like the others, this story is full of the marvelous and quirky characters we all enjoy so much. My one criticism is an unnecessarily long section in the latter part of the book that separates the protagonists and seems to delay furtherance of the primary plot issues. This aside, here is another grand Gabaldon tale -- to curl up with on a cold winter's day by the fire or take with you on that long plane trip. Just when you think you have an idea where something's heading, the plot twists again to keep you always surprised. Don't plan on reading anything else once you've started this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Story Telling!, 8 Jan. 2014
Diana Gabaldon always lives up to expectation. This book is so packed with events that it seems as if years have passed in the world of Claire and Jamie, instead of just months - bring on the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Message to amazon, 28 Sept. 2012
Please update this kindle listing so that it has the title and then the Outlander series number as per the other books in this series, so that they sit in order on the Kindle (ie this should be listed as Voyager (Outlander 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Diana Gabaldon has created such a fantastic series with characters that are so real I feel ..., 27 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Voyager: (Outlander 3) (Paperback)
Diana Gabaldon has created such a fantastic series with characters that are so real I feel as if they're old friends and everytime I open the latest book in the series I'm sitting down to have a catch up with them. Claire and Jamie's love for each other is clearly unparalleled and unrivaled though tested throughout the series and the challenges it brings coming from two different worlds. But throughout it all they still have each other and they grow and learn together. Diana writes so well that you feel as though you're actually in the 18th century or just after the end of World War 2 I don't think I could possibly articulate all the ways in which I love this series and all the characters and through them what I learned and took away from the books. So thank you Ms. Gabaldon for writing a series that is truly very close to my heart and of course all the better to now watch it on the tele!

5.0 out of 5 stars Second best in the series to date!, 2 Feb. 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Great 3rd book, 14 Sept. 2013
The continuation of the storyline from "Dragonfly in Amber" had me hooked. Diana's writing, as always, transports you back in time. I personally found that the book took a wee bit of a dip about three quarters of the way through, but lifted itself up again towards the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Dragonfly in Amber!, 7 July 2010
This review is from: Voyager: (Outlander 3) (Paperback)
I just got introduced to the Outlander series recently (let's say, about a month ago). I am now on book 5 and this is a belated review of the book. In a nutshell, let me say that this book was, to me, way better than the Dragonfly in Amber. I loved the way the events unfolded and was both happily surprised and reasonably annoyed at the way events unfolded themselves in this story of Jamie and Claire. I guess the bits that annoyed me deserve credit as they made me realise that the author is capable of keeping me interested in the book despite the letdown or disagreement from my part. The fact that I couldn't envision every part of the story and how it evolves made me get more hooked to the series. Highly recommended to those who enjoyed the first two volumes!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB QUALITY...ALL OTHER BOOKS ARE PALE BY COMPARISON!, 16 May 1999
This review is from: Voyager: (Outlander 3) (Paperback)
This is the latest of a series of books which are positively addictive! I have now read most of them at least three times and I am longing for the 5th one to be published. The quality of the prose makes any subsequent books read by other authors fade into second-rate fiction...sad for them, in a way. My only question: why do the books have different titles in the UK?? This makes it so confusing and difficult to find out what one has read! And why are they so much easier to locate in Scotland than in England?? I don't mind, but it makes life slightly more stressful when you badly need one of these books!! Obviously I shall use Amazon.co.uk in future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Voyager Diana Gabaldon, 16 Jun. 2005
This review is from: Voyager: (Outlander 3) (Paperback)
This is the best series of books I have ever read. I am reading the series for the 6th time. Fantastic.

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›

Voyager: (Outlander 3)
Voyager: (Outlander 3) by Diana Gabaldon (Paperback - 3 Aug. 1995)