Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 June 2006
I am a teacher of 7 year olds and have found that this is the most wonderful book for giving children new views on the world, exploring the idea of timezones and on a topic (soccer) which is popular world over. The children found it so exciting to believe that while they were sleeping, somewhere else in the world, someone is practising soccer against a wall in a town or on the beach, for example. It gives them a greater perspective of the world we live in, as you can see so many different cultures, countries and races represented. It's more a book for discussion with your child or to teach from, rather than a book for a young child to read alone. I highly recommend it!
on 1 October 2015
great
on 15 December 2005
1. scantilly clad woman prominent on one of the billboards in the background on one of the pages. I know that the parents of the child I had this in mind for as a gift would not appreciate me giving it for that reason.
2. One of the kids is watching TV (yes the football but we know what other kinds of material kids can get exposed to on the TV too...), late at night unsupervised and alone in his bedroom.
3 randomhouse appear to take the opportunity to advertise themselves on the penultimate page