5.0 out of 5 stars a children's classic
As a primary school teacher, I used to read this to my Year 1 class. The mixed up shopping list is so irresistably 'correctable' the children would be almost yelling with frustration and enjoyment to put it right! I'm buying it for christmas for my 3 yr old neice as I know she'll love it.
Published on 25 Oct 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars horrible illustrations
Published on 16 Mar 2012 by Karen Vaughan

5.0 out of 5 stars a children's classic, 25 Oct 2003
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars cracking book!, 19 July 2010
This review is from: Don't Forget The Bacon (Red Fox Classics) (Paperback)
This was a book I loved when I was a child, so was chuffed I could find it for my son as I knew he'd like it too. It is a great little book about getting muddled up.
It still works all these years later, and now works as a 'retro' book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bacon and Eggs, 21 Feb 2011
Owl "Ollie" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Don't Forget The Bacon (Red Fox Classics) (Paperback)
The children I work with enjoyed this book. It had a nice rhyming text and the chldren all tried to remember the correct things to go for. It was funny all the things that sounded the same but were all wrong. Would recommend this book. Have seen from some of your reviews before I bought this that some people thought it out of date. The children I work with certainly did not and neither do I.

2.0 out of 5 stars horrible illustrations, 16 Mar 2012
Karen Vaughan (Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Don't Forget The Bacon (Red Fox Classics) (Paperback)
I love the theme of this book- a misremembered shopping list. It is a simple and funny idea, and one that I think young children can grasp and that would be familiar to them. BUT! the illustrations - which are important for the visual jokes, and for the age of the children this is aimed at, are so ghastly and amateurish they are distracting. Instead of being able to read the book I find myself staring in horror at the appallingly drawn people who consequently look like distorted, wooden, lumpish, oafs. This book is such a lovely idea that I wish it would be reprinted with professional illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from mŷ past, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Don't Forget The Bacon (Red Fox Classics) (Paperback)
I bought this for my little girls as I had a copy of it when I was younger...great book ;-) my daughters absolutely love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood book, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Don't Forget The Bacon (Red Fox Classics) (Paperback)
There is not much that can be said about this book only that as I child owned it. Purchased 4 my little one. Simple story good pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars A present, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Don't Forget The Bacon (Red Fox Classics) (Paperback)
I loved this book as did the children in the playgroup. This was bought as a present. It has arrived in good time and I'm sure will be loved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story book., 5 April 2014
This review is from: Don't Forget The Bacon (Red Fox Classics) (Paperback)
The book was in very good condition and well packed when it arrived. The book is a really good story for young children. The pictures are lively and bright and the book is excellent for reading aloud.

3.0 out of 5 stars To as good as I remember!, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: Don't Forget The Bacon (Red Fox Classics) (Paperback)
Brought this book for my 3 year old,he wasn't very interested in it really. Maybe he's a bit young for it.
I always remembered this book being really good.
Just hope he's gets to like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book for granddaughter, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: Don't Forget The Bacon (Red Fox Classics) (Paperback)
I know this book from reading it many times at storytelling sessions. It is an easy repetitive story which young children love to help out with. Buying this to add to my granddaughter's library, she is 15 months and enjoys her growing bookshelf.

Don't Forget The Bacon (Red Fox Classics)
Don't Forget The Bacon (Red Fox Classics) by Pat Hutchins (Paperback - 3 Jan 2002)