5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting!
Bought this book to help my pupils learn more about highwaymen - very entertaining and educational!
Published on 20 May 2010 by F. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars A useful book
Published on 24 May 2008 by J. M. Harman

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting!, 20 May 2010
F. Smith (Suffolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Short And Bloody History Of Highwaymen (Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars A useful book, 24 May 2008
J. M. Harman - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Short And Bloody History Of Highwaymen (Paperback)
I have rated this book with three stars, not because I believe it to be a bad publication, but due to the fact that I did not realize it was a book aimed at children; although the cover design should have given me a clue! Despite it being light-hearted in tone, it nevertheless contains useful information which other "serious" publications on the same subject do not possess. The illustrations are very witty & entertaining - who is the artist? - and Mr. Farman`s knowledge is very extensive. I was very impressed with the "Highwayman-Speak" at the end of the book. What a pity there was no bibliography. To sum up: very entertaining & informative!

John Harman

The Short And Bloody History Of Highwaymen
The Short And Bloody History Of Highwaymen by John Farman (Paperback - 1 Jun 2000)
Used & New from: 0.01