5.0 out of 5 stars A quirky nonsense poem with great illustrations.
My 5-year-old daughter really enjoyed this storybook. The rhythm of the verse is energetic and and the story is humorous and entertaining. Kids will love the colour illustrations.
Published on 9 Feb 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Mister magnolia.... Has only one boot x
My 2 year old got this from the library and loves it so much, i had to buy it. Though i didnt realise that "mini treasures" was going to mean a teeny book!!! Will be ok to take out in her/my bag, but think we need a bigger size one too :/

Fantastic book and great pictures. A real favourite that is read daily in our house!!

I have to knock some stars...
Published 17 months ago by S Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars A quirky nonsense poem with great illustrations., 9 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Mister Magnolia (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant quickie, 6 Oct 2006
Dr. H. Payne - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mister Magnolia (Paperback)
If you're looking for a speedy read for that "extra" bedtime story this is it. The poetry is sparse but witty, quirky and truly memorable. Indeed I leave out the last line of each page for my 3 year old to fill in the missing word. It is suitably surreal to keep my attention and entertain my son. I do not groan when he chooses this book at bedtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for reading aloud with young children, 10 Dec 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Mister Magnolia (Paperback)
A great family favourite. This is a classic picture book for reading aloud with young children. The text is a poem, in each verse Mr Magnolia has a marvellous possesion - eg two lovely sisters who play on the flute - but only one boot. The boot reference repeats, so the chldren can shout along, until a very happy ending is reached. The illustrations are excellent, bright, at first glance simple but on closer examination there is lots of fun detail for the children to pick out. The style of the illustrations will be familiar to any Roald Dahl fans as Quentin Blake illustrated Dahls books. It is similar in many ways to the Dr Seuss books, the rhyme, repetition and silliness, but would suit slightly younger children. The finest praise - my children at 14 and 11 thought they had outgrown picture books, we are giving this to young cousins for Christmas, but only after my children have re-read it first!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book review of Mr Magnolia, 23 Jun 2010
A Kid's Review
This book tells the story of Mr Magnolia. He has only one boot. The story is very funny all the time. It was great fun because at the end he gets a boot that doesn't match because one is blue and one is brown but the only thing that is the same is the white laces.
I liked this because it was suitable for any age. It is exciting because it gets better and better to the end and funnier. It is brilliant because he has only one boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Magnolia, 6 July 2009
This review is from: Mister Magnolia (Paperback)
Youll be delighted with the way its written and the way its so terrifically illustrated. Mr Magnolia is a brilliant book because it has an excellent start, middle and end. Mr Magnolia makes you smile and laugh especially when it shows you his odd shoes. Mr Magnolia looks out of his window and sees everyone with two boots on. Olivia Year 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mister Magnolia, 13 Jun 2009
challie (Leicestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mister Magnolia (Paperback)
I used to read this book to my great niece when she was less than a year old and could not possibly have understood it. We had to read it over and over again every time she visited me over the next three or four years and neither of us, amazingly, ever tired of it. Now I'm buying it for the first birthday of her little cousin, in the hope that he gets as much pleasure from the jaunty rhythms, charming pictures and opportunities for sound effects as we did.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mister magnolia.... Has only one boot x, 27 Mar 2013
S Watson "emo" (uk) - See all my reviews

I have to knock some stars off, as after 4 days, the pages started falling out :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent Magnolia, 28 Sep 2009
A. Freeman (Bradford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mister Magnolia (Paperback)
I bought this for two children, one 3 and the other 5. They both enjoy listening to the CD and having the book read to them. And as well as them enjoying it, the simple poetry in the tale will hopefully help their development and their understanding of language.

5.0 out of 5 stars By Abbey & Izzie- Y3, 26 April 2009
A Kid's Review
This has to be one of Quentin Blake's best books because it is hilarious and is written in a pattern.
This story tells you about a man called Mr Magnolia who only has one boot. He is a wonderous man who is trying to find the boot that he has only just lost. He has lots of adventures just trying to find his lost boot.
It is a piece of poetic writing that just keeps on flowing. We could not put it down until we'd finished it. It is funny with brilliant pictures. Everyone would enjoy it- you should try it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, lovely pictures, 3 Nov 2007
V. Carlin (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mister Magnolia (Paperback)
I've been reading this to my daughter since she was a couple of months old and she was always interested in it, but she's recently (at 11 months) started to absolutely love it. The drawings are lovely, with lots of witty detail, and I love the colours - there are too many children's picture books with hideous dark colours and strange angles that make the pictures hard to understand, I think. I love, too, the way Quentin Blake never patronises, and always uses a normal vocabulary in his children's books.

Mister Magnolia
Mister Magnolia by Quentin Blake (Paperback - 6 May 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01